If you or a loved one have been the victim of a dog bite, we know it can be a terrifying and stressful experience. No one wants to be the victim of an injury or see a loved one hurt. You will probably have a lot of questions about what to do next. Here’s some helpful things to keep in mind if you or a loved one is ever injured by an animal:
- Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the owners of the dog and any witnesses present.
- Take photographs of the injuries before any medical treatment starts.
- Seek medical treatment. Your health and welfare are the most important. Abide by your doctor’s instructions and follow all treatment programs.
- File a report with your local animal control department or police department. The proper authorities will be contacted and they will likely conduct an investigation.
- Call a dog bite lawyer for a free consultation. Dog bites can cause serious, life-changing injuries. An experienced attorney can advise you of your rights and ensure that you and your family have an advocate on your side to fight for your interests.
If you are the victim of a dog or animal bite, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. If you or someone you know has been the victim of a dog or animal bite, please contact the experienced dog bite lawyers at White Law PLLC for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights.