Okemos Bankruptcy Lawyers
Our Attorneys Can Help You Seek Debt Relief. Call (517) 316-1195 Today!
23,606 Michigan citizens filed for Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy in 2019. If you are struggling to pay off your debts, it may seem impossible to see a light at the end of the tunnel. But you’re not alone. Thousands file for bankruptcy each year to gain a fresh start, and there is no shame in doing the same.
When you turn to our experienced bankruptcy attorneys to help overcome your financial burdens, you can regain confidence in your situation. We understand how overwhelmed you may feel dealing with creditors, financial institutions and lawsuits; therefore it’s best to retain our tough bankruptcy lawyers to help resolve your debt troubles. There is hope, and we’re here to help you see it.
The best decision you can make for your future is to reach out to us to learn about your bankruptcy options by calling (517) 316-1195 today. We offer a FREE case review!
What Is Bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy is a legal process used to examine the financial scope of individuals and businesses who can’t pay their bills and decide whether to discharge those debts so they are no longer required to pay them. Bankruptcy laws were written to give people a chance to start over.
We Can Guide You Through Chapter 7 & Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
There are two common types of bankruptcy that aim to help you recover from your financial hardships: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. We have successful track record of helping clients with both, depending on what their financial circumstances warrant.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Facts
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the most inclusive debt forgiveness option, meaning most, if not all, of your debt can be discharged if you file successfully. Individuals, partnerships, and corporations or business entities can all seek relief from unsecured debts such as credit card balances, auto loans, mortgage payments, etc. through Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Chapter 7 bankruptcy eligibility depends on whether you:
- Have the means to pay back your debts
- Filed for bankruptcy within the past eight years
- Lied to creditors about your debts
- Have disposable income
- Make more money than Michigan's median income
Please refer to our Chapter 7 bankruptcy page for more information.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Facts
Chapter 13 bankruptcy enables individuals to develop a schedule to repay all or part of their debts. Unlike Chapter 7 bankruptcy, your debt will not be dismissed. Rather, in Chapter 13 bankruptcy, debtors propose a repayment plan to make installments to creditors over 3 to 5 years. Under this chapter, creditors will stop trying to collect money from the debtor.
To qualify for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you must:
- Have a limited amount of debt: As of 2019, your debt cannot exceed $1.25 million, and unsecured debt cannot exceed $419,000.
- Maintain a steady income: Creditors must feel confident that you can repay your debts, therefore you must prove that your income is adequate.
- Be liable for the debts in question: This simply means you cannot use personal bankruptcy plans to cover business debts for which you are not liable
Please refer to our Chapter 13 bankruptcy page for more information.
60+ Years of Combined Experience Helping Okemos Clients Start Over. Call Today!
Our team at White Law PLLC has handled countless bankruptcy cases and has the cutting-edge representation you need to help you overcome your financial struggles. There is no better feeling than knowing you can get back on your feet and move forward from your debts, and we are here to help you accomplish that.
You can count on us to examine your financial data to strategize the most effective way to file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. From start to finish, our bankruptcy attorney will help you understand every detail of your case and how to best move forward.
Regaining your peace of mind starts with a phone call. Contact us at (517) 316-1195 or connect with us online to schedule your free consultation!
Serving Clients Throughout Michigan & Nationwide
We've Successfully Resolved Thousands of Cases
We Never Back Down From a Challenge
We Use Cutting Edge Technology
Experience Handling High-Profile Cases
Over 60 Years of Combined Legal Experience