If you have found yourself suffering any severity of personal injuries due to a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to a high amount of compensation. At White Law PLLC, we represent those who have sustained injuries due to another individual’s negligence. Don’t let your injuries and losses take over your life.
We understand that you deserve to get back on track after serious injuries and losses. With the commitment of our legal team, we can ensure that you will be looked after and that we will fight for your case. Get more helpful information and answers to your questions by working with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Michigan.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Similar to car or truck accidents, someone else’s negligence typically causes motorcycle accidents. If you find yourself the victim of a motorcycle accident, it’s likely due to one of these common causes. Some of these causes include:
- Improper lane changes
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Left-turn accidents
- Vehicle malfunctions
- Excessive speeding
Michigan Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
It’s commonly said that motorcycle accidents are far more serious than an average car accident. Even if motorcyclists are safe and following the rules of the road, accidents can always occur. Injuries from motorcycle accidents are more intense than most auto accidents and commonly include:
- Spinal cord injuries or back and neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Fractures, sprains, or broken bones
- Road rash and burns
- Scarring and disfigurement
No matter the injuries, motorcycle accidents’ emotional and mental effects are lasting. Sometimes, these injuries result in ongoing medical treatment, surgeries, or hospitalization. For any injury that you have, filing a legal claim with the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer can give you the peace of mind you are looking for.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Michigan, call (517) 316-1195
Filing a Claim With Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Michigan
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Michigan can greatly assist when you are beginning a case for your injuries. With our help, we can compile all the needed evidence, determine fault, and negotiate with insurance companies for the compensation you are entitled to.
Some of the information that must be collected to determine fault include witness statements, photos or videos from the scene of the accident, insurance information, and any bills collected following the accident.
Click to contact our Michigan Personal Injury Lawyers today
Determining Fault for Your Motorcycle Accident
Because Michigan is a no-fault state, motorcycle accident cases can get tricky. No matter who was at fault, you and your lawyer need to reason with your insurance company to receive the damages you are owed. However, sometimes, compensation from your insurance company isn’t enough to cover all you have lost in your motorcycle accident.
In any claim, there is always the victim, the defendant who has caused the injury, and the injury or accident that has occurred. Once these are established, there are then four elements that must be present in order for your Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer to establish fault. These four elements are:
- A duty: This duty of care must be owed to another person. For example, if you are on the road, the other drivers have a duty to you to avoid causing injury, and vice versa.
- A breach in this duty: If another driver on the road does something dangerous or negligent to cause you injury, they have breached their basic duty.
- Causation: This means that the person who acted negligently has directly caused your injuries.
- Damages: Once injuries have occurred based on someone’s breach of your basic duty of care, damages and injuries will likely occur. These damages will then be a good indicator of the amount of compensation you can receive for your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Damages Can You Recover From These Accidents?
In many cases involving motorcycle accidents, there are various types of damages you can try and recover. Some of these damages include:
- Medical treatments, including surgeries, medication, or hospital visits
- Ongoing medical treatment, which can include ongoing surgeries, rehabilitation, or long-term treatments
- Lost wages
- Loss of property or property damage
- Funeral expenses if wrongful death has occurred
- Psychological distress
- Pain and suffering
Begin Your Case Today With Our Skilled Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Michigan!
In many cases, seeking a motorcycle attorney’s help following any accident’s severity is recommended. Luckily, our Michigan motorcycle accident lawyers at White Law PLLC are here to help. If you are looking for assistance at any time of the day, or night, contact us today.
Call or text (517) 316-1195 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form