Injuries usually happen unexpectedly, and they can significantly alter a person’s life. In the event you or a loved one sustain an injury caused by the negligence of somebody else, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At White Law PLLC, we are here to help when you need an East Lansing personal injury attorney. Our knowledgeable and experienced team understands these cases and will conduct a full investigation in order to secure the compensation you need. We are not afraid to take on aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault negligent parties.
Why Choose White Law PLLC For East Lansing Personal Injury Claims?
After sustaining an injury caused by the negligence of somebody else, you cannot settle for anything less than the experience brought by the attorneys at White Law PLLC for your case.
- Our personal injury attorneys have more than 60 years of combined legal experience helping clients throughout the state of Michigan.
- We have a track record of success and have extensive experience handling high profile cases.
- We do not back down from a challenge, and we have no problem taking a case to trial if that is what is necessary to obtain maximum compensation.
Our team uses cutting-edge technology to help assist us in ensuring the best possible outcome for a case. Clients can also conveniently discuss their cases remotely and access case files at any time.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
How Will An Attorney Help Your East Lansing Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury attorney in East Lansing is going to have the resources and experience necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your case. This can be complicated, and will typically involve:
- Obtaining any video or photo surveillance, speaking to eyewitnesses, gathering accident reports, and more.
- Working with trusted medical and economic professionals to evaluate their client and properly calculate total expenses.
- Handling all communication and negotiation with insurance carriers or at-fault parties to obtain a fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving East Lansing, call (517) 316-1195
What Types Of Personal Injury Cases Do We Handle in East Lansing?
At White Law PLLC, we know that personal injury cases arise in various ways in and around the city of East Lansing. Our team has vast experience helping clients who have been injured due to the following:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Slip and Falls
- Mass Torts
- Defective Products
- Governmental Liability
- Dog Bites
- Police Misconduct
- Workplace Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Wrongful Death
What Are The Most Common Injuries In These Cases?
The incidents we mentioned above, and others, can all lead to extensive injuries for victims. Our East Lansing personal injury lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe sprains and strains
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Amputation injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Severe sprains and strains
- Emotional and psychological injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- …and more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Can You Prove A Personal Injury Case in East Lansing?
Personal injury cases in East Lansing and the surrounding areas can be difficult to prove. In general, your attorney at White Law PLLC will be working to establish the following four elements:
- Duty. The first step is to prove that the defendant in the case (the alleged at-fault party) had a legal obligation to ensure the safety of the plaintiff (the injury victim). This duty of care will look different depending on the situation. For example, a driver has a legal obligation to follow traffic laws to ensure the protection of others around them. Restaurant owners have a duty to ensure that their floors are free from slip and fall hazards.
- Breach of duty. When a duty of care has been established, we will work to prove that the defendant breached that duty. We will do so by showing that the defendant acted carelessly or negligently, or failed to act in a way that a reasonable person would given the same situation. For example, in a DUI accident case, we will work to show the defendant’s intoxication breached their duty of care to others on the roadway.
- Causation. We will need to show that the actions of the defendant were more likely than not the cause of the injuries that the plaintiff incurred.
- Damages. Lastly, we will need to show that the plaintiff suffered some sort of monetary damages caused by the defendant’s actions.
At White Law PLLC, our team has a thorough understanding of what it takes to prove all four elements in an East Lansing personal injury case.
How Much Compensation Is Available In East Lansing Personal Injury Claims?
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury in East Lansing that was caused by the negligent actions of somebody else, you may be entitled to various types of compensation. At White Law PLLC, we are ready to conduct a full investigation into your case and secure the following:
- Coverage of all injury-related medical bills
- Lost income if you cannot work while recovering
- Loss of future income or future earnings if you are disabled
- Any general household out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
What Is The Time Limit To File An East Lansing Personal Injury Case?
It is important to understand that the statute of limitations for Michigan personal injury cases is three years from the date an injury occurs. This means that personal injury victims will have a three-year window with which to file a civil claim against the alleged negligent party in their case. Failing to file a personal injury lawsuit in this time frame will result in the victim being unable to recover any compensation for their losses.
Let Our East Lansing Personal Injury Lawyers Help
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury caused by another person, contact the team at White Law PLLC today. We have a thorough understanding of personal injury law in Michigan and are ready to conduct a full investigation into your claim.
When you need an East Lansing personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.