A serious injury can be a life-changing event for victims and their family members. Unfortunately, there are many ways that injuries can occur in and around the Detroit area. At White Law PLLC, we are here to help when you need a Detroit personal injury attorney to help with your case. If the careless or negligent actions of another person caused you or a loved one harm, we will work to secure full compensation for your claim.
Call today for a free and confidential case evaluation.
White Law PLLC Is Prepared to Assist Your Detroit Personal Injury Case
The Detroit personal injury attorneys at White Law PLLC have spent decades representing the injured throughout Michigan.
- Our team has successfully resolved thousands of cases throughout our 60 years of combined legal experience, and we regularly handle high-profile cases for our clients.
- We refuse to back down from a challenge, and we have no problem taking aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault parties to trial.
- We take the time to get to know every client personally because we believe that every case should be tailored to the goals and needs of each individual.
Detroit Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
What Benefit Is There in Hiring a Detroit Personal InjuryAttorney for My Case?
Whether your case is extremely complex or relatively straightforward, the aftermath of an injury can dramatically affect your life. Our Detroit personal injury attorneys can ease your burden, strengthen your case, and help you in a variety of ways.
A personal injury attorney in Detroit will work with trusted medical professionals to fully evaluate their client and help calculate a victim’s total expected losses. Importantly, an attorney will handle all negotiations with at-fault parties, their legal teams, and aggressive insurance carriers.
Unfortunately, without an attorney, an injury victim may not have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into their case. However, an attorney will be able to obtain all evidence needed to prove liability. They will speak to eyewitnesses, obtain video or photo surveillance, analyze accident reports, and investigate negligent companies.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Detroit, call (517) 316-1195
Personal Injury Accidents Commonly Occur in Detroit
Personal injury cases arise anytime the careless or negligent actions of an individual, company, or entity cause harm to another. At White Law PLLC, our team has decades of experience helping clients who have sustained injuries in Detroit due to the following:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
- Mass Transit Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Slip and Falls Incident
- Mass Torts
- Wrongful Death
- Defective Products
- Governmental Liability
- Dog Bites
- Police Misconduct
- Workplace Accidents
- Train Accidents
What Are the Most Common Injuries in Detroit Incidents?
Injuries sustained by victims in Detroit vary widely. At White Law PLLC, it is not uncommon for our attorneys to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Severe traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Crush injuries or amputations
We also help clients who sustained injuries caused by exposure to hazardous chemicals or harmful workplace conditions. These injuries can include repetitive motion injuries, respiratory illnesses, occupational cancers, hearing and vision loss, and more.
Finally, many of the injuries mentioned above can lead to significant emotional and psychological trauma for victims. While not as visibly noticeable as traumatic injuries, they can debilitate victims for extended periods of time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Types of Compensation Can Be Secured in Detroit Personal Injury Cases?
Victims who have sustained injuries in and around Detroit caused by the negligent actions of another person may be able to recover various types of compensation for their claims. At White Law PLLC, we are regularly able to help clients recover the following:
- All injury-related medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits if the client cannot work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
- Proving liability in these incidents
In order to prove liability in a Detroit personal injury case, the team at White Law PLLC will work to establish the following four elements:
- Duty. It needs to be shown that the defendant (alleged at-fault party) owed the plaintiff (victim) a legal duty of care. This will vary depending on the situation. For example, a driver on the roadway has a legal obligation to follow traffic laws to ensure the safety of those around them. Product manufacturers have an obligation to ensure that the instructions on the packaging of an item are correct.
- Breach of duty. An attorney will need to prove now the defendant breached their duty of care to the plaintiff. They will do so by showing that the defendant acted negligently or failed to act in a way that a reasonable person would in the same situation. For example, in a car accident case, an attorney may need to show that the defendant was distracted by their cell phone at the time of the incident.
- Causation. An attorney needs to show that the actions of the defendant were likely the cause of the injuries incurred by the plaintiff.
- Damages. An attorney will need to establish that the plaintiff suffered some sort of monetary damages caused by the actions of the defendant.
Is There a Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Detroit?
It is important to get started on your personal injury case as soon as possible. Under Michigan law, there is a three-year statute of limitations in place for personal injury lawsuits. This means that injury victims have a three-year window with which they can file a claim in civil court against an alleged negligent party to recover compensation for their losses.
How Much does a Detroit Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
At White Law PLLC, our attorneys understand that victims of personal injuries are often placed into difficult financial situations due to the injuries they have sustained. That is why we take all Detroit personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve. No upfront or out-of-pocket costs will be charged to the client.
Our Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys Are Ready to Work On Your Behalf
If you or somebody you care about has sustained an injury caused by the negligent actions of another person in or around Detroit, let the team at White Law PLLC help you today. We have the resources and experience necessary to conduct complete investigations into these cases and to secure maximum compensation for our clients.