Injuries can lead to significant setbacks and major expenses for victims in Grand Rapids. At White Law PLLC, we are here when you need a Grand Rapids attorney after suffering an accident caused by somebody else.
You deserve to be fairly compensated for what has happened to you, and our team has extensive experience handling these cases.
Choose White Law PLLC for Your Grand Rapids Personal Injury Case
Whether your case settles early or goes to trial, you need an attorney by your side, ready to handle every step of the process. White Law PLLC is going to help you through this.
- We will bring more than six decades of combined experience handling cases throughout Michigan, and we have successfully resolved thousands of cases like yours.
- We make sure that our clients’ needs are our first priority. Every client we take works directly with their attorney throughout the entirety of their case.
- We take Grand Rapids cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they need.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
What to Do After a Personal Injury in Grand Rapids
Most cases start when a liable party commits an act of negligence, and most of them occur as a consequence of a car crash, a slip-and-fall, or another type of accident. There are some measures victims can take to ensure their right to pursue damages is protected. Some of those actions are:
- Contact the authorities. Calling 911 should be a priority for a victim. That is the best way to take care of their wounds, but it also leaves a medical and police record. A Grand Rapids Lawyer can use those documents to support your claim.
- Gather evidence. The most valuable evidence for a personal injury claim, appears right at the moment of the accident or assault. You can use your cell phone to take pictures and videos showing the accident, the liable parties, such as a dog owner, and any other important detail.
- Talk to your personal injury attorney. Talking to insurance adjusters right after an accident can jeopardize your case since they can twist your words to deny your claim. If an insurance adjuster asks for a statement, kindly refuse and ask them to talk to your attorney.
We know how to get our clients the results they need in the toughest legal arenas.
When to Talk to a Personal Injury Attorney?
The short answer is: As soon as you can. Personal injury lawsuits are limited by the Michigan State Statute of Limitations, giving the victims up to 3 years to file a claim for damages or wrongful death. It is important to notice that this period is final, and if you miss it, you may lose your right to file a claim.
Timeframes can vary or even get reduced by many circumstances. A personal injury attorney can help you determine exactly how long you have left, get all the necessary paperwork, and never miss a date. That is one of the reasons why you should talk to your lawyer as soon as possible.
We understand that you may be going through a difficult situation and we are ready to help however we can.
How Will a Personal Injury Attorney in Grand Rapids Help Your Case?
A personal injury attorney will bring invaluable legal experience and resources to your side. They will be able to obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability in your case. A skilled Grand Rapids personal injury lawyer will have experience handling a vast array of injuries that victims can incur, including the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Severe lacerations
- Amputations or crush injuries
- Emotional and psychological damages
Our lawyers are well-versed in personal injury law and can handle all communication and negotiations with insurance carriers, legal teams, or at-fault parties to work out a fair compensation amount for our clients.
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
Personal Injury Cases Arise in Various Ways in Grand Rapids
At White Law PLLC, we know that there is a wide range of injury cases in Grand Rapids. We have experience helping clients who have been injured due to the following:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Slip and Falls
- Dog Bites
- Police Misconduct
- Wrongful Death
- Defective Products
- Governmental Liability
- Workplace Accidents
- Train Accidents
This is certainly not an all-inclusive list of how people sustain injuries. Please speak to one of our attorneys for a free consultation of your case before making any decisions moving forward.
What Kind of Compensation is Available for Grand Rapids Personal Injury Claims?
Victims injured by the negligence of another person, company, or entity in Grand Rapids may be entitled to various types of compensation. At White Law PLLC, we are regularly able to help victims secure the following:
- Coverage of all emergency medical expenses
- Short- and long-term medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income if a victim is unable to work
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence
Non-Economic Damages After a Personal Injury in Grand Rapids
Accidents can also have consequences on the victim’s lifestyle, such as developing post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, or depression. However, claiming non-economic damages is difficult without a Grand Rapids personal injury attorney since those damages are more complicated to calculate, and many insurance companies decide to ignore them.
A claim for non-economic damages can compensate victims for damages such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium, reduced earning capacity, and other emotional consequences. An experienced lawyer can look at your case carefully and determine which non-economic damages to pursue in your claim.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Having a team of personal injury lawyers by your side can help you navigate the complex legal system. Still, it also can help you present a case and claim damages while you take time to recover from the accident.
Presenting a case is a complicated task. Some victims think filing a claim is like having a second job that sometimes gets unpaid. That’s why an attorney is such an important part of your claim. They can do all the paperwork and keep you posted about the case. Which can be very convenient, particularly for victims of catastrophic injuries.
Finding the Right Personal Injury Lawyers in Grand Rapids
Personal injury victims should recover damages for all their losses, particularly when someone else was at fault. Unfortunately, medical care, emergency services, and rehabilitation treatments are costly. And some victims’ pain and suffering can not even be measured. A Grand Rapids personal injury law firm can be the shortest path to get financial retribution for it.
We believe in the power of technology to help us bring negligent parties to justice. We use apps and cloud-based services to keep our clients posted about their case. Contact White Law today, and turn your devices into the law expert you need.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.