Consider the following on-campus safety tips, to best protect against potential attacks from stalkers or random acts of violence:
- Guard your privacy on social media, because you never know who is watching. Posting your location is generally unsafe unless you are with a group in a well-lit, well-populated area. Wait until you’ve left to post or disable your location settings.
- Familiarize yourself with your school’s resources. Universities and colleges generally have a campus police station, numerous emergency phones, and security to escort you when it gets dark. Make the most of these safety measures.
- Always stay alert even if you feel comfortable in your surroundings. Be aware that your new friend may be offering you a ride, but you don’t actually know them too well.
- Have a back-up plan in case your phone dies or you are stuck without a ride home.
- Protect your drink at all times.
- Get out of a situation if you feel uncomfortable in the slightest. Don’t feel bad about lying if you need to make up an excuse about leaving early or declining an offer. Almost 100% of the time, your instincts are spot on. Listen to them!
Compassionate & Experienced Sexual Abuse Lawyers Proudly Serving Michigan
Our legal team at White Law PLLC is currently advocating on behalf of several sexual abuse victims in the ongoing case against former United States Olympics gymnastics coach, Larry Nassar. We are passionate about championing for those who feel unheard. If you or a loved one has been sexually abused and are seeking a trusted Okemos sexual abuse lawyer to fight for your rights following this horrific event, look no further than White Law, PLLC. We demand justice in the face of such criminalities.
Schedule a free, initial consultation with a member of our team by calling (517) 316-1195.
Call or text (517) 316-1195 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form