If you have committed a crime or have been charged with committing a crime, you may need help knowing where to turn. There is no reason to feel like you have reached the end of the road. Feeling scared and unsure of what is to come is normal in these situations.
Criminal convictions can seriously alter someone’s life, which is why it’s important to seek out the necessary help. More specifically, the help of a Holland criminal defense attorney from White Law PLLC. If you find yourself in a situation similar to this, this article will greatly assist you.
What Is the Role of a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Holland?
A Holland criminal defense lawyer is someone who will assist a person who has crimes held against them. As criminal defense lawyers, we will ensure that your rights are protected in a court of law and all that is held against you is lawful.
In cases like this, time is important, and you must act quickly and defend yourself. However, with the support and knowledge of criminal defense attorneys in Holland, your case will be looked at with the utmost care. Below, we will go over some of the common charges we can help you with.
Holland Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
Most Common Charges We Can Help You With
We can assist you no matter what crime you are charged with. Generally, there are common crimes that you can be charged with within the state of Michigan. Some of these crimes include the following:
- Drunk driving charges: When it comes to drunk driving charges, there is a lot on the line. No one wants to lose their license or pay hefty fines, which is why we are able to work around your charges and gather sufficient amounts of proof so that the charges you face aren’t life-changing.
- Drug charges: Because some drugs are illegal in Michigan, this charge can be similar to the charges above, and they can even lead you to jail time. Our defenses will be strong to prevent you from facing serious time and legal consequences.
- Sex crime charges: No matter what you are charged with, we will do all it takes to clear your name and defend you when it comes to sex-related crimes.
- Violent crimes: If you were charged with homicide or other serious violent crimes, your future is on the line. With these types of crimes, we will do everything in our power to provide you with the best defense possible.
- Theft charges: If you were involved in theft or robbery, the charges brought against you would be plentiful. We are able to conduct investigations and bring up facts that may have played a role in the crime.
- Juvenile charges: If you are still young and growing up, we believe you still have a lot to learn, and one mistake shouldn’t stop you from that. When it comes to a child’s future, we will fight hard to ensure that these charges will be off of future records.
For a free legal consultation with a criminal defense lawyer serving Holland, call (517) 316-1195
Determining the Proper Defense for Any of the Above Charges
Before any case, we will determine whether or not you committed the crime. In order to do so, there are three legal situations we will look at. These three things include:
- Innocent until proven otherwise: This statement is the fundamental standard the American justice system uses. The prosecution will form a case that will either prove you committed this crime beyond a reasonable doubt or they won’t – and if they don’t, we will use this to our advantage.
- Beyond a reasonable doubt: This standard applies to the overall case and your consideration of guilt in every aspect of a legal case. If this can’t be proven, then you will have a good chance of success.
- Alibis: An alibi will help your case by putting you in a different location than where the crime was committed. If you can have a well-established alibi, you will likely be able to have the charges dropped.
However, let’s say you committed the crime, and nothing in the section cited above can help your case. We can then come up with a proper defense for your crimes. These defenses include:
- Self-defense: If you were a victim of crimes, then claiming self-defense can be possible in your case. Of course, this will depend on the situation in which the crime occurred and the details of your case.
- Insanity: For this, we will need to prove that you are not in a good enough mental state to make decisions, which ultimately leads to the crime being committed. Typically, cases with insanity pleas will be carried out by a mental health court.
Other defenses we can use are entrapment or being well under the influence. These aren’t great defenses, but they can still help you if you have committed a serious crime. As criminal defense attorneys in Holland, we will take the time needed to determine the best course of action for your case.
How Can an Experienced Defense Attorney Help You?
Our experts at White Law PLLC know what it takes to be highly successful criminal defense lawyers in Holland, Michigan. With our experience and background in cases like yours, we can assist you and defend you, whatever the reason. We can offer you many things by entrusting us with your case and freedom.
By contacting us, we can provide you with a free consultation. In doing so, we can talk about your case and find the best way to move forward. Additionally, we have 60+ years of experience, so saying we know the ins and outs of the legal system is an understatement. Ranking within the top 100 trial lawyers in Michigan, we have faith in our skills and will fight for you at all costs. We can do incredibly well for all the needed steps in your case.
We can examine witnesses, come up with a successful plea, and analyze the prosecutor’s case so that we are able to defend you correctly. There are a number of factors to consider when you are being charged with any type of crime, and we have the knowledge and tools to ensure that you aren’t being taken advantage of or wrongly charged.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak with Our Criminal Defense Attorneys in Holland, Michigan, Today
If you believe that you need assistance in your legal case, then contact us today. We will offer you a free consultation to go over the specifics of your case and determine what the best plan of action is. Our attorneys at White Law PLLC are experienced trial attorneys and are ready to fight for you.