If you were detained for any reason, it is in your best interest to have qualified legal representation. Having an experienced Midland criminal defense attorney on your side can make all the difference when your future and reputation are on the line. Our firm represents clients with charges of drunk driving, weapons, narcotics, and more.
In difficult matters like criminal law, White Law PLLC brings the necessary expertise and knowledge to handle your case in a timely and discreet manner. If you are scared, frustrated, or need help knowing what to do next after being charged with a crime, we offer free consultations to discuss your options.
When Is the Right Time to Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney in Midland?
You should work with a criminal defense lawyer in Midland right away. It would be best if you had legal representation from the moment of your arrest. Since you are not legally required to hire an attorney, you may retain legal counsel at any time throughout the course of your criminal case.
If you are able to contact a lawyer as soon as you are freed from custody, it can still be beneficial to your future to find a local criminal law attorney in Midland.
Midland Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
What to Do if You Are Arrested on Criminal Charges
It is normal to experience a range of emotions after hearing a criminal allegation against you. Realizing the gravity of the accusation should propel you to take actionable steps to defend yourself. Even if you are not innocent, there are many components to a criminal case that can shift the outcome in your favor.
If you are accused or arrested due to criminal charges:
- Weigh the decisions needed to raise the likelihood of a successful case result. Evaluate what is needed to reduce your charge or get your criminal case dismissed.
- Be proactive. Hiring a defense lawyer before being detained offers the advantage of your attorney taking preventative measures that prevent you from being charged or if charged, being offered a reduced charge.
- Take your attorney’s advice to let the case build more without preemptive action. In some circumstances, lawyers advise that the best thing to do is to wait and see if there is enough evidence to charge you with a crime. Your lawyer will be working behind the scenes to be prepared for every possible scenario.
- Assemble and store evidence in a safe place. Evidence that supports your defense may be hard to come by and easy to lose. Gather any supporting documents or objects that can solidify your defense.
A criminal defense attorney in Midland, MI, may help you get ready for the future after being charged with a crime in a number of different ways. After an arrest, our firm can help you keep your freedom and will work hard to make sure that every available legal avenue is pursued.
For a free legal consultation with a criminal defense lawyer serving Midland, call (517) 316-1195
Criminal Defense Strategy Proven to Win Cases
Filing a motion to dismiss and persuading the judge that the government has not met its burden of proof is a powerful strategy for winning your criminal case. In essence, this is a request that the judge rule in your favor based on the evidence that has been presented thus far. If the motion is approved, the judge will do so.
A dismissal motion asserts that the government:
- Made critical errors throughout the legal process
- Violated your rights
- Failed to meet the statute of limitations
- Made an error with the charging documents
Insufficient evidence at the preliminary hearing and misconduct from the prosecutor are prime examples of grounds to dismiss. One of our Midland criminal defense lawyers will thoroughly assess your case to ensure that a motion doesn’t need to be filed.
Contact a Winning Criminal Defense Attorney in Midland, MI
If you or someone you love has been detained or is a suspect in a crime, you may have the following questions:
- What is the legal process for a criminal trial?
- How can I tell what evidence is being used to make me a suspect?
- Under what circumstances is a case subject to dismissal?
- How much should I cooperate with the police if I am arrested for a crime?
- How long will my criminal trial last?
The Midland criminal defense lawyers of White Law PLLC will go above and beyond to answer any concerns that you may have regarding your criminal case. No case is too big or too small for our Michigan criminal law attorneys. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.