If you have been charged with committing a crime and need to know where to turn for help, there is no reason to feel lost or alone. But, we will be the first to say that a conviction can seriously alter your life, so it’s important to seek out legal help if you find yourself in this situation.
The first step is to understand what your options are. And in order to do so, hiring a skilled criminal defense attorney in Georgetown township from White Law PLLC could be your ticket to freedom. Keep reading for more information about finding legal representation and taking care of court appearances.
What Does a Georgetown Township Criminal Defense Lawyer Do?
A criminal defense attorney in Georgetown Township is a person who represents clients who have been accused of crimes. As such, we will ensure that your rights are protected in a court of law and that all accusations brought against you are lawful. In cases like this, time is important, and you must act quickly to defend yourself.
At White Law PLLC, we have the skills and experience necessary to support you in the fight for your rights. By contacting us, we will give you a free consultation so that you are able to ask any questions you may have and so that we can look at the charges brought against you.
With our 60+ years of legal experience, we truly know the ins and outs of the court system. Our firm ranks within the top 100 for trial lawyers in the state of Michigan, and our track record proves it. We know what it takes to win cases and will always fight for your success.
Georgetown Township Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
What Are the Charges We Can Help You With?
When we see individuals being charged with crimes, common ones are generally seen. Some of these common crimes that we are able to assist you with include:
- Drunk driving charges: This is the most common type of charge that we will need to defend. There is a lot on the line when it comes to cases like this because we understand that losing a driver’s license and paying large fines isn’t at the top of anyone’s list.
- Sex crime charges: If you have been charged with sex crimes, we know you don’t want to be added to community offender lists or have a bad reputation. So, from the start, we will work with you to clear these charges as soon as possible.
- Violent crimes: No matter what crime you were charged with, we know your future is on the line. By providing the best defense possible, we can help you to move forward no matter the outcome.
- Juvenile charges: We understand better than anyone that young children deserve a future to learn and grow. This is why we fight hard to ensure that your permanent record stays clean when it comes to juvenile cases.
For a free legal consultation with a criminal defense lawyer serving Georgetown Township, call (517) 316-1195
Determining the Defense for the Above Charges
Our Georgetown Township criminal defense attorneys have the knowledge and tools to help you defend yourself against the criminal charges discussed above that you could face. We can examine witnesses and identify aspects of your case that may lead to a successful plea or dismissal. We also have access to data that can be invaluable in analyzing the prosecutor’s case against you.
However, there are three elements that we will look at when determining a defense for you and your case. These three elements include the following:
- Innocent until proven guilty: As many are familiar with this term, we hold it to the utmost importance…and so does the U.S. justice system. The prosecution will need to fully prove that you have committed the crimes you were charged with, and if they don’t, we have room to push back.
- Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt: For this statement, you must prove full guilt for the crimes against you. If you can’t be proven fully guilty, this is a great point for us to use in your defense.
- The strength of your alibi: An alibi is someone who can swear in a court of law that you were with them, not out committing the crimes you are charged with. If you have a well-established alibi, then odds are your charges won’t be looked at as seriously anymore.
Once we look at these three aspects of your charges and the prosecution case, we can decide if we need any other defenses. At White Law PLLC, we have the skills to argue any defense on your behalf as long as the necessary evidence is there. Some of these other defenses include:
- Claiming self-defense: This defense will only work in certain cases but is a great defense. If you were acting in order to save yourself, then sometimes, self-defense can drop the charges against you.
- Insanity: If we use an insanity plea, we will need to take the proper steps to show that you are lacking physical or mental elements that caused you to make a wrong decision. Typically, these types of defenses will then be finalized in a mental health court.
Reach Out to a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Georgetown Township Today
If you believe that you need assistance in your legal case, and have had crimes brought against you, then contact us today. We will offer you a free consultation and determine the best plan of action moving forward if you wish to entrust us with your case. Our attorneys at White Law PLLC are experienced trial attorneys and are ready to fight for you!