Suffering a serious injury can take a massive toll on your finances, emotional well-being, and your physical health. If you’ve been hurt in an incident caused by another party’s reckless or negligent actions, the law protects your right to pursue a claim against them.
At White Law PLLC, our team specializes in helping the wrongfully injured obtain compensation to cover their medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. Our Canton personal injury lawyers can offer sound legal advice and assist you in seeking a settlement that makes up for all your accident-related losses.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer in Canton, MI, Can Help You
If a personal injury attorney in Canton, MI, decides to take on your case, they’ll offer valuable legal counsel, build a strong insurance claim on your behalf, and even represent you in court. They’ll guide you through the complicated process required to secure a settlement and answer any questions you have along the way.
Here’s what your lawyer will do to make sure your claim is successful:
Investigate the Incident
To receive the compensation you need to treat your injuries and replenish your financial losses, you’ll need strong evidence to back up your claim. A lawyer can investigate your accident and collect the documents and testimony they need to support your personal injury claim.
Your attorney will gather photos and video footage of the incident, review official police reports, interview eyewitnesses, and refer to medical documentation to build a convincing case for your compensation.
You’ll have to fill out a number of different forms and documents to file a claim. The paperwork involved in a claim can be confusing and time-consuming to fill out, but our lawyers are here to help you. They’ll advise you on the purpose of each form and help you file paperwork in a timely manner.
Communicate With Insurers
Most personal injury claimants get their compensation from an insurance settlement. That being said, insurers are often hesitant to offer enough money to cover every loss. Your lawyer will have to negotiate with insurers and present a compelling argument as to why you deserve sufficient payment.
The insurer may try to contact you to offer a settlement. Don’t agree to an offer before one of our personal injury attorneys has looked it over. Insurers are known for offering lowball settlements to claimants before they’ve had time to speak with an attorney. A lawyer can determine if an offer is high enough and work with insurers to get you a hefty settlement.
File a Lawsuit
If the insurance company denies your claim or fails to offer full compensation, our personal injury lawyers can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Personal injury litigation can be confusing, but our team will be there to facilitate the process. They’ll represent your best interests in court and present evidence that shows why you deserve a fair jury award.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
Personal Injury Incidents that a Canton Attorney Can Pursue Damages for
The Canton personal injury lawyers from our team can file a claim or lawsuit for a variety of different incidents. No matter how you were injured, they’ll be able to investigate your accident, construct a compelling claim, and fight for the damages you need to get your life back to normal.
Here are some of the practice areas that our team has helped clients recover from in the past:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse
- Dog bite
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
If you’ve sustained injuries or losses in one of the situations listed above, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim. An attorney can evaluate your circumstances and help you determine what your best course of action is. Whether you need to file an insurance claim or a civil suit, your lawyer will make sure your paperwork is filed correctly and on time.
We’re not just lawyers. We’re passionate advocates who will ensure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
An Attorney Can Determine Which Damages You’re Owed
To get you the compensation you need to recuperate from your injury and make up for financial losses, your attorney must assess your losses and figure out which damages you’re owed. They’ll investigate all the negative impacts that your accident has had on you and calculate how much compensation you need to reverse or mitigate them.
Depending on the non-economic and economic losses you’ve incurred as a result of the incident, you may receive the following damages:
- Medical bills: Getting the treatment and medications you need to recuperate from an injury can be expensive. Fortunately, a personal injury lawyer can obtain compensation to cover the cost of your doctor’s appointments, hospital stays, ambulance rides, prescription medication, assistive devices, and physical therapy.
- Property damage: If your property was damaged in the incident that injured you, you shouldn’t have to pay out-of-pocket to repair or replace it. Instead, your lawyer can demand compensation to make up for your damaged property.
- Lost wages: A severe injury can put you out of work for weeks. If you’ve missed paychecks during your recovery period, these damages can replace a portion of your lost wages.
- Reduced earning capacity: If you’ve sustained a disability or long-term injury, you might not be able to work in the profession in which you’ve built your career. If that’s the case, these damages can help you support yourself.
- Pain and suffering: These damages are self-explanatory, as they can compensate for the physical pain and suffering you’ve been forced to endure.
- Mental anguish: Car crashes and other traumatic accidents can have a significant impact on one’s mental health. If you’ve experienced anxiety, PTSD, or mental anguish related to the incident you were harmed in, one of our personal injury lawyers can add these damages to your claim.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Sadly, some personal injury victims are left with conditions that reduce their quality of life. If your injuries make it hard for you to enjoy your life, an attorney can request these damages.
We understand that you may be going through a difficult situation and we are ready to help however we can.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims in Canton, MI
According to Michigan Code § 600.5805, personal injury victims in Canton have three years from the date of their accident to file a lawsuit. While not all cases require civil suits, it’s best to get an early start on your case in the event that you have to pursue further legal action.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer soon will give them the time they need to comply with Michigan’s filing deadline. Waiting too long to get in touch with an attorney could cause you to miss your due date, which would most likely prevent you from receiving compensation. If your deadline has passed, contact a lawyer anyway to see if you have any other legal options.
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Canton Today
Pursuing compensation for a personal injury incident without the help of a skilled lawyer is a surefire way to get your claim denied. To give yourself the best chance possible at recovering your losses, contact the team at White Law PLLC.
Our personal injury attorneys in Canton, MI, have the experience you need to get the most out of your claim. They’ll thoroughly investigate your accident, calculate what you’re owed, and fight for the settlement you need to get back on your feet.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.