Nobody should ever have to worry about losing a loved one due to the negligent actions of another person or entity. Unfortunately, these incidents do occur. If you have lost somebody you love and need help from a Grand Rapids wrongful death attorney, turn to the team at White Law PLLC for help today. Our compassionate attorneys will conduct a full investigation into your case in order to secure the closure and compensation your family deserves.
Why Choose White Law PLLC For Your Grand Rapids Wrongful Death Case?
Families who have lost loved ones need help from an attorney with vast experience handling wrongful death cases. White Law PLLC is going to stand by your side.
- We have more than six decades of combined legal experience ready to bring to your family’s side during this trying period.
- We take the time to get to know every client and their family so we can tailor a solution that best meets your needs.
- We take all Grand Rapids wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will not pay any legal fees until we secure the compensation they need.
Grand Rapids Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
What Will An Attorney Do To Help with Wrongful Death Claims in Grand Rapids?
Unfortunately, family members often lack the resources necessary to conduct full investigations into the death of their loved one. However, a wrongful death lawyer in Grand Rapids will have the resources to obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability. This can include:
- Video or photo surveillance of the incident
- Accident reports
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Company documents
- Medical records
- …and more
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Grand Rapids, call (517) 316-1195
Wrongful Death Cases Arise In Various Ways In Grand Rapids
Wrongful death cases arise in various ways in the Grand Rapids area. Any incident that can cause severe injuries can also lead to an untimely death. At White Law PLLC, our wrongful death lawyers in Grand Rapids regularly help families who have lost loved ones due to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle or pedestrian accidents
- Property owner negligence
- Defective products
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- …and more
Wrongful death cases in Grand Rapids must be filed by the personal representative of the deceased’s estate (Michigan Compiled Laws section 600.2922). Under the law, the following family members, in descending order of priority, can recover compensation for the loss of their loved one:
- Parents or grandparents
- Any other party left property in the deceased’s will
How Much Compensation Is Available For This Case?
Family members who have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person may be entitled to various types of compensation for their loss. At White Law PLLC, we want to work to secure the following in order to help make your family whole and secure justice on your behalf:
- Loss of companionship or consortium damages
- Pain and suffering damages incurred by your family
- Coverage of any income or benefits the deceased would have earned over their lifetime
- Any pre-death medical bills
- Pain and suffering endured by the deceased before death
- Funeral or burial expenses
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Grand Rapids Wrongful Death Lawyers Help
If you have lost a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, contact an attorney at White Law PLLC as soon as possible. Our nationally recognized Grand Rapids personal injury attorneys will conduct a full investigation into your claim so we can secure the closure and compensation your family deserves.
When you need a Grand Rapids wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.