Seeking Legal Representation for Slip and Fall Accidents in Okemos
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Okemos, Michigan, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. At White Law PLLC, we have a team of experienced slip and fall lawyers dedicated to helping victims of such accidents navigate the legal process and recover the compensation they deserve. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that slip and fall accidents can have on individuals and their families, and we are here to provide you with the skilled legal representation you need.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
Why You Need a Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries, including broken bones, head injuries, spinal cord injuries, and more. The aftermath of such accidents can be overwhelming, with medical bills piling up and the need for ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation. It is essential to have a knowledgeable slip and fall lawyer by your side who can protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
When you hire a slip and fall lawyer, they will handle all aspects of your case, including:
1. Investigation and Gathering Evidence
A skilled slip and fall lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident. This may involve visiting the accident scene, collecting relevant evidence such as photographs or surveillance footage, and gathering witness statements. The lawyer will also review medical records and other documentation to build a strong case on your behalf.
2. Determining Liability
One of the crucial tasks of a slip and fall lawyer is to determine who is liable for your injuries. This may involve identifying negligent parties such as property owners, landlords, business operators, or maintenance companies. The lawyer will assess the facts of your case and apply relevant laws to establish liability and hold the responsible parties accountable.
3. Negotiating with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are known for trying to minimize payouts to accident victims. A skilled slip and fall lawyer will handle all communication and negotiation with the insurance company on your behalf. They will fight to ensure that you receive fair and just compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
4. Pursuing a Lawsuit, if Necessary
If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, a slip and fall lawyer will be prepared to take your case to court. They will guide you through the legal process, prepare all necessary legal documents, and present a strong case in front of a judge and jury to seek the maximum compensation possible.
We’re not just lawyers. We’re passionate advocates who will ensure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
Proving Negligence in Slip and Fall Cases
In slip and fall cases, proving negligence is essential to establishing liability and securing compensation. To prove negligence, the following elements must typically be shown:
1. Duty of Care
The property owner or occupier had a legal duty to maintain safe premises and protect visitors from harm.
2. Breach of Duty
The property owner or occupier failed to fulfill their duty of care by allowing hazardous conditions to exist or by not taking reasonable steps to address known hazards.
The hazardous condition directly caused your slip and fall accident, resulting in your injuries.
You suffered actual damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses, as a result of the slip and fall accident.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Water, grease, or other slippery substances on floors in restaurants, stores, amusement parks, sports arenas, and other places of business
- Broken or defective stairways or steps inside or outside buildings
- Broken, raised, or uneven sidewalks on public and private property
- Falls on ice and snow
- Swimming pools and pool decks composed of slippery tiles
- Inadequate or poor lighting that makes seeing difficult or impossible
We understand that you may be going through a difficult situation and we are ready to help however we can.
Michigan Slip & Fall Accident Laws
According to Michigan law, the property owner has a legal duty to ensure the premises are safe for invitees and warn licensees of unrepaired hazards. If a dangerous or defective condition causes an invitee or licensee to slip and fall, resulting in an injury, the property owner can be held responsible for any losses suffered by the injured individual.
In order to win a slip and fall case in Michigan, you must prove the following elements:
- A dangerous condition existed on the premises – You can prove that a hazardous condition exists by photographs, videos, witness statements, or documents such as incident reports and repair receipts.
- The property owner knew or should have known about the hazardous condition – You can prove a property owner was aware or should’ve been aware of the dangerous condition by showing that the condition was apparent for a certain length of time, there were prior complaints about the same issue, or there is a history of previous falls in the same location.
- The individual who has permission to be on the property was either an invitee or a licensee – An invitee is someone who is a guest of the property owner (e.g. friend, family member, or neighbor), while a licensee is on the property for business purposes (e.g. electrician, plumber, or salesperson).
- The property owner neglected to maintain the property or failed to fix the hazardous condition – To prove negligent maintenance and property repairs, you can provide photographs, video, and repair records.
- The individual sustained an injury due to the hazardous condition – The dangerous condition caused the injury and an injured person can prove this by obtaining medical records and the doctor’s testimony.
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
Contact Our Okemos Slip and Fall Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Okemos, MI, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible. Our slip and fall lawyers at White Law PLLC have the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to handle these complex cases. We will work tirelessly to protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and let us help you navigate the legal process and pursue justice for your injuries.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.