The moment it takes to look at a text message on the phone or to adjust the navigation on the dashboard console is enough to change the life of another person, and yet distracted driving continues to occur at an alarming rate. You may be owed compensation if you suffered injuries or other losses due to the actions of others, so be sure to talk to a Grand Rapids car accident lawyer. At White Law PLLC, our Grand Rapids distracted driving lawyer can help you learn your legal options to recover those losses.
How to Prove a Driver Was Distracted Behind the Wheel
Our personal injury lawyer in Grand Rapids, MI, will work very closely with you to gather information and insight about your legal rights after a car accident like this. A component of the work we do is to find out why it happened so that proper blame can be assessed. To determine if distracted driving may be a factor, we look at a great deal of data, including:
- The details on the police report
- Witness statements who saw what occurred
- Statements from both drivers about what occurred and what they experienced right before the accident
- Medical records from both drivers
- Cell phone records from drivers
- Any in-dash displays or cameras in the vehicle (common in some commercial trucks)
- Accident recreation specialist insights
- Evidence at the scene, including damage to the cars
All of this information can often provide clarity about what occurred and shed light on who is responsible for the accident. Our distracted driving lawyers in Grand Rapids from White Law PLLC have intimate knowledge and a strong understanding of the implications of distracted driving. If we believe that there is proof it could be happening, we will work to prove that is the case by uncovering any information and data possible.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
Distracted Driving Is an Ongoing Concern in Michigan
The Michigan Department of State Police provides clarity on just how common these accidents occur, noting that, in 2021, 16,543 crashes in the state involved some form of distracted driving. That led to over 4,000 injury claims, with 407 people suffering serious injury and 59 people losing their lives due to distracted driving. This is made worse when someone causes these injuries to you.
Everyone may be guilty of taking their eyes off the road for a moment for one reason or another. Yet, in these situations, the risk of serious injury and loss is severe and cannot be overlooked. The same report provides insight into what causes these accidents:
- 16.5% were distracted by a cell phone in some way
- 10.9% were distracted by some other type of electronic device, like a navigation aid
- 5.5% were distracted by another passenger in the vehicle
- 35.3% were distracted by some type of activity, such as drinking, eating, or grooming
- 31.7% were distracted by something happening outside of the car
What Happens When Distraction Occurs on the Road?
It’s also important to know why distracted driving is so dangerous. When a person is not fully paying attention to the road, they are often unable to act quickly when road conditions or other factors change during the driving process. Stopping with enough distance, avoiding hazardous environments, or otherwise being able to navigate a car safely becomes impossible.
We know how to get our clients the results they need in the toughest legal arenas.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Distracted Driving Accident in Michigan?
When you work with our distracted driving accident lawyer in Grand Rapids, MI, we will help you to prove what occurred and who was responsible, providing clarity on what your legal rights are to compensation. If another person was distracted and that distraction caused the accident that left you with injuries and losses, it is critical for you to take action to receive compensation. You are owed damages for any of your losses, including potentially:
- Medical bills from the accident
- Financial loss from missing work
- Damage to your property, such as repairs to your car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of quality of life
The value of your case is dependent on the economic and noneconomic losses you have, which our attorneys will help you to determine. Do not settle your case with the insurance company until you have ensured you know what all of your potential losses are. We will work tirelessly to protect your right to compensation in these matters.
We understand that you may be going through a difficult situation and we are ready to help however we can.
Expect Our Knowledgeable, Experienced Distracted Driving Attorneys to Fight for You
White Law PLLC is committed to providing exceptional legal representation to our clients. We do this by listening to your information, understanding what occurred, and then working to demonstrate the financial losses you have as a result of those losses. We are passionate about protecting your right to full compensation.
- Experience That Matters: Our intimate knowledge of the law and our experience pursuing distracted driving claims allows us to have years of experience you can rely on.
- Proven Results: We have spent our careers working to help our clients receive the compensation they are owed, and we have recovered millions of dollars for them as a result.
- Testimonials: Read through our client testimonials to see how we help our clients and to learn more about cases like yours that we have helped our clients win.
While distracted driving is devastating, it is made worse when insurance companies fail to provide victims with the financial compensation they need to recover from these accidents and build their lives back up. Our experienced Grand Rapids distracted driving attorney can help you to ensure you do not become a victim a second time. Expect our legal guidance to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Distracted Driving Attorney in Grand Rapids Now
White Law PLLC provides free consultations to those who are victims of distracted driving as a way to help them determine what their losses are and what legal actions they can take. A distracted driving lawyer in Grand Rapids is available to help you with any legal matter you are facing as you fight for the compensation you are owed. Call us now for a free consultation to discuss your needs.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.