UPS is faster than USPS when it comes to shipping packages because they tend to deliver earlier. This allows drivers to deliver packages quickly, which can often result in accidents if they aren’t driving carefully.
White Law PLLC understands how disappointing and painful it can be to suffer injuries due to a UPS truck accident. Our Grand Rapids truck accident lawyers team can help you recover compensation for your losses.
Why Choose White Law PLLC for Your Grand Rapids UPS Truck Crash Case?
Our team of UPS accident lawyers in Grand Rapids, MI, has over 20 years of combined experience that we’re ready to put to work on your case. Here are just a few perks of choosing our law firm to represent you:
Our Passion Is Justice
In every case, no matter how big or small, we approach it with a goal: getting justice and compensation. We’ve worked on cases such as the Larry Nassar sexual abuse case, so we know how hard we must fight.
And in a UPS truck accident case, we’ll approach your case with the same passion. We empathize with you and the pain you’re going through, and we can help you through this.
Our lawyers know how to work with insurance companies. We know the tactics they try to use, and we have a careful and calculated strategy to come back with a strong position to shut them down. We’ll show them the evidence proving that you are eligible for damages and that the parties caused your injuries.
We Work on a Contingency Fee
When you choose us to be your legal representation, you don’t have to worry about paying any money for fees upfront. This allows you and your legal team to focus entirely on your case without getting caught up in costs.
If we win you a settlement, we’ll take a percentage of it for our fees. You and your UPS accident lawyer in Grand Rapids, MI, will discuss the amount beforehand so you are both on the same page.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
What Losses Have You Suffered? We Can Help You Recover Them
After a UPS truck accident, our UPS accident attorney in Grand Rapids, MI, can help you recover damages. We understand that the aftermath of an accident can be stressful, and you may worry about your ability to recover your losses. Our team at White Law PLLC can help you recover losses such as:
- Medical expenses: Surgeries, physical therapy, medication, transportation, and emergency room stays can be recovered with our team’s help.
- Loss of income: If you’ve suffered severe injuries that prevent you from returning to your job, a lawyer from our team can help you recover compensation for your lost wages.
- Loss of consortium: Your injuries may prohibit you from having the same connection with your spouse as before the accident; this loss is recoverable.
- Pain and suffering: Even though it’s non-economic damage, you can recover compensation for the pain and mental stress you’ve experienced.
- Loss of companionship: If you lost a loved one, a wrongful death lawyer in Grand Rapids, MI, can help you recover compensation for this loss.
- Mental anguish: You can recover compensation for the stress, depression, and anxiety you experienced due to the crash.
We’re not just lawyers. We’re passionate advocates who will ensure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
What Is the Average UPS Truck Accident Settlement in Grand Rapids?
When understanding the average UPS truck accident settlement in Grand Rapids, several factors come into play. The following factors can affect your settlement amount:
Severity of Injuries
The severity of injuries you sustained in a UPS truck accident is one of the primary factors influencing the settlement amount. More severe injuries typically result in larger settlements. The following injuries could result in a higher settlement:
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Accidental amputation
When You File Your Claim
The timing of when you file your claim can have a notable impact on the settlement amount. Here’s how the timing affects your settlement:
- Preservation of evidence: Filing your claim promptly allows for preserving evidence, such as accident reports, witness statements, and photographs. This evidence can strengthen your case and increase the likelihood of a favorable settlement.
- Negotiation leverage: Early filing can give you a stronger position during settlement negotiations. Insurance companies may be more willing to offer a higher settlement if they perceive a strong case and the potential for costly litigation.
- Statute of limitations: It’s essential to file your claim within the statute of limitations, which is the legal time limit for bringing a personal injury lawsuit. In Michigan, you must file your claim three years from the accident date.
Number of Parties Liable
Determining liability and the number of parties responsible for the UPS truck accident can significantly impact the settlement amount. Here’s how the number of parties liable affects the settlement:
- Insurance coverage: The more parties found liable, the greater the potential for higher insurance coverage limits. This means more funds may be available to compensate you for your losses.
- Shared responsibility: In cases where multiple parties share responsibility for the accident, each party may be responsible for a portion of the settlement. This can result in a more comprehensive compensation package.
- Complexity of negotiations: Cases involving multiple parties can be more complex and time-consuming. However, an attorney can help you through these challenges and work to secure the maximum compensation possible.
We know how to get our clients the results they need in the toughest legal arenas.
Injuries You Can Recover Compensation For After a UPS Truck Accident
After a UPS truck crash, you’ve likely suffered injuries that can range from mild to severe. Here are a few injuries that our UPS accident attorneys in Grand Rapids, MI, can help you recover compensation for:
- Whiplash and neck injuries: Whiplash, often occurring in rear-end collisions, can lead to neck pain and stiffness.
- Back injuries: UPS truck accidents can result in various back injuries, such as herniated discs and fractures, requiring surgery and extended recovery.
- Head injuries: Head trauma in truck accidents can cause traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and concussions, potentially leading to cognitive and neurological issues.
- Broken bones and fractures: You may suffer broken arms, legs, ribs, or other bones, necessitating surgical intervention and extended healing periods.
- Internal injuries: Blunt force trauma can result in internal injuries, including organ damage and internal bleeding.
- Soft tissue injuries: Sprains, strains, and soft tissue injuries can lead to chronic pain and limited mobility.
- Development of mental health issues: UPS truck accidents can be emotionally traumatic, leading to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression.
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
Contact Us to Start Building a Grand Rapids, MI, UPS Truck Accident Case
At White Law PLLC, our UPS accident lawyer in Grand Rapids, MI, is ready to help you gather relevant evidence to prove your eligibility for damages. Contact us today for a free consultation.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.