Okemos Slip & Fall Accident Attorney
Call (517) 316-1195 to Let White Law PLLC Fight for You
One of the most common premises liability cases in Michigan is a slip and fall accident. When a person slips and falls due to a dangerous or defective condition on private, commercial, or public property, the injured individual can typically file a lawsuit for compensation to pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and even pain and suffering.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Water, grease, or other slippery substances on floors in restaurants, stores, amusement parks, sports arenas, and other places of business
- Broken or defective stairways or steps inside or outside buildings
- Broken, raised, or uneven sidewalks on public and private property
- Falls on ice and snow
- Swimming pools and pool decks composed of slippery tiles
- Inadequate or poor lighting that makes seeing difficult or impossible
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Lansing or Okemos, White Law PLLC is prepared to provide effective and personalized legal representation to ensure your rights and best interests are protected while we help you navigate the legal process. We can assess your case, gather information related to the accident, and build a strong case strategy to recover your entitled compensation. With more than 60 years of combined legal experience, our Okemos slip and fall accident lawyer understands what it takes to maximize the award you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Michigan Slip & Fall Accident Laws
According to Michigan law, the property owner has a legal duty to ensure the premises is safe for invitees and warn licensees of unrepaired hazards. If a dangerous or defective condition causes an invitee or licensee to slip and fall, resulting in an injury, the property owner can be held responsible for any losses suffered by the injured individual.
In order to win a slip and fall case in Michigan, you must prove the following elements:
- A dangerous condition existed on the premises – You can prove that a hazardous condition exists by photographs, videos, witness statements, or documents such as incident reports and repair receipts.
- The property owner knew or should have known about the hazardous condition – You can prove a property owner was aware or should’ve been aware of the dangerous condition by showing that the condition was apparent for a certain length of time, there were prior complaints about the same issue, or there is a history of previous falls in the same location.
- The individual who has permission to be on the property was either an invitee or a licensee – An invitee is someone who a guest of the property owner (e.g. friend, family member, or neighbor), while a licensee is on the property for business purposes (e.g. electrician, plumber, or salesperson).
- The property owner neglected to maintain the property or failed to fix the hazardous condition – To prove negligent maintenance and property repairs, you can provide photographs, video, and repair records.
- The individual sustained an injury due to the hazardous condition – The dangerous condition caused the injury and an injured person can prove this by obtaining medical records and the doctor’s testimony.
Request a Free Consultation Today
Our legal team can collect all the evidence necessary to prove that the property owner was at fault for the slip and fall injury. Additionally, we can perform a thorough investigation of the accident scene, interview eyewitnesses, and subpoena maintenance records. Do not wait to let us help you obtain the financial compensation and justice you deserve. We serve clients in Okemos and Lansing.
For more information about slip and fall cases in Michigan, call (517) 316-1195 today.
Global Settlement $500,000,000
C.M. v City of Lansing et al $1,000,000.00
Serving Clients Throughout Michigan & Nationwide
We've Successfully Resolved Thousands of Cases
We Never Back Down From a Challenge
We Use Cutting-Edge Technology
Experience Handling High-Profile Cases
Over 60 Years of Combined Legal Experience