Firearms charges in Lansing, Michigan, can be incredibly serious legal matters. If you or somebody you love is facing a firearm charge, turn to the team at White Law PLLC today. Our Lansing weapons charges attorneys are going to conduct a full investigation into the charges against you. We are not afraid to take on aggressive prosecutors in these cases, and our goal is to get the charges against you reduced or dismissed altogether.
Why Choose White Law PLLC For Your Weapons Charge Case in Lansing, MI?
When facing a weapons charge, you need help from an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases. White Law PLLC is here to help.
- Our team has more than six decades of combined legal experience that we will use to defend your rights in the courtroom.
- We take the time to get to know our clients personally so that we can tailor our solution To meet your needs.
- We offer free case evaluations for Lansing weapons charges cases, so you lose nothing by contacting us today.
Lansing Weapons Charges Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
What Will An Attorney Do To Help with Weapons Charges in Lansing?
When you are facing a weapons charge in Lansing, your attorney is going to use their resources to conduct a complete investigation into the case. You can be sure that prosecutors will use all of their resources, so you need an advocate on your side to ensure your rights are upheld. An attorney is going to negotiate with prosecutors to get your charges dismissed while also preparing to take your case to trial if that is what it takes to ensure you are treated fairly.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Lansing, call (517) 316-1195
What Are Lansing Weapons Charges Penalties?
Michigan has various statutes that regulate firearms. This includes the possession, manufacturing, or sale of firearms and how they are used. These laws can be complicated to understand. Though residents may have a right to bear arms granted by the Constitution, states are allowed to limit those rights to a certain extent. Some of the most common weapons charges in the Lansing area include the following:
- Carrying a concealed weapon. It is a felony in Michigan to carry a concealed handgun on your person or in your vehicle unless you have a lawful concealed carry permit.
- Illegal possession of a firearm. It is s felony in Michigan for a person to possess certain types of firearms, ammunition, or firearm modifications.
- Felons in possession of firearms. Those who have previous felony convictions on their criminal record are not allowed to possess a firearm unless they have met the conditions to have their firearms rights restored.
Being convicted of a firearms charge in Michigan can result in serious consequences. This can include:
- Time in prison
- Payment of fines and court costs
- Loss of your firearms
- Permanent mark on your criminal record
- Suspension of various occupational professional licenses
- Changes to a person’s immigration status (if you are not an American citizen)
Let Our Lansing Weapons Charges Defense Attorneys Help
Facing a weapons charge alone is never a good idea. The penalties are far too severe to rely on an overworked public defender for your case. At White Law PLLC, we have the experience necessary to completely analyze the evidence being used against you while also conducting our own investigation into the charges. Our goal will be to get the charges against you reduced or dismissed. We handle all types of criminal defense cases in Lansing.
When you need a Lansing weapons charges attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.