Okemos Dog Bite Lawyers
Seek Compensation After an Animal Attack in Lansing & Nationwide
Dog attacks can be traumatizing, painful, and damaging for everyone involved. Sometimes animal behaviors are difficult to read, even if the animal in question is a pet you’re familiar with. Unfortunately, when a dog becomes threatened or aggressive it can lead to a very dangerous situation. Dogs are strong animals, and if they are improperly trained they can become destructive and unsafe. If you or someone you love was attacked by a dog, our firm may be able to help you seek justice and compensation.
Our personal injury lawyers at White Law PLLC always put our clients’ needs first. If you’ve suffered a dog attack and need legal help, it is our goal to make the process as quick and simple as possible so you can focus on your recovery. With more than 60 years of experience, we are confident our firm can help you obtain the reparation you deserve.
Start building your case today and contact our office for a free consultation.
Common Dog Attack Injuries
If a dog attacks you, it can lead to serious damage, both physically and psychologically. Depending on the type of dog and the circumstances of the issue, it could cause any number of injuries. While an attack can quite certainly leave the victim in pain from physical injuries, it could also cause anxiety, fear of animals, and could trigger nightmares or post-traumatic stress disorder.
Common dog attack injuries may include:
- Bone fractures
- Nerve damage
- Puncture wounds
- Injuries that lead to severe scarring or disfigurement
When pursuing legal action after an animal attack, it’s important to establish who is responsible for the harm you suffered. Typically, liability will depend on the ownership of the dog, and where the attack took place. For example, was the dog a stray or a pet, and did it occur in a public place or in the dog owner’s home?
With our ample resources, our firm will seek to investigate the ownership of the animal, any behavioral issues with the animal, reports of previous attacks, and any other relevant information.
What To Do After a Dog Bite Occurs
Dogs can attack for any number of reasons. Whether a dog is feeling threatened and scared or simply aggressive, finding the right response to a hostile animal in the heat of the moment can be extremely difficult.
If you were attacked by a dog, you should take the following steps to protect yourself:
- Find a safe place away from the aggressive animal.
- If you are safe and do not need emergency medical attention, take note of the animal. Take a photo if possible, and describe the appearance and breed of the dog. Determine whether or not the dog has a collar, or nearby owner, and where the attack took place.
- If the dog owner is present, take down their information, including name, address, phone number, and homeowner’s insurance information.
- In the event that there were witnesses, take down their contact information as well.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if your injuries seem minor, see your doctor for a professional opinion. Keep all documentation of your visit.
- Notify Animal Control or the police department of the attack and file an official report.
- Contact a personal injury attorney.
Our dog bite attorneys at White Law PLLC will help you pursue compensation for all injuries and damages, including medical expenses and pain and suffering. Contact White Law PLLC to start building your case today.
Serving Clients Throughout Michigan & Nationwide
We've Successfully Resolved Thousands of Cases
We Never Back Down From a Challenge
We Use Cutting Edge Technology
Experience Handling High-Profile Cases
Over 60 Years of Combined Legal Experience