Nobody starts their day thinking they will get bitten by a dog, but these injuries are much more common than most people realize. At White Law PLLC, we are here to help if you need a Detroit dog bite injury attorney. Our personal injury team has extensive experience in helping clients in these situations, and we understand how to navigate the complexities of insurance claims in these matters. Let us get to work securing the compensation you need for your dog bite injuries.
Choose White Law PLLC To Help With Your Detroit Dog Bite Claim
Dealing with the nuances of a dog bite injury case is going to require help from an attorney with experience handling these particular matters. White Law PLLC is ready to help you today.
- Our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined legal experience and we have successfully resolved thousands of personal injury cases on behalf of clients throughout Michigan.
- We take the time to get to know every client so we can ensure we create the best strategy moving forward to meet their needs.
- We take Detroit dog bite injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they need.
Detroit Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
How Will An Attorney Help Dog Bite Cases in Detroit?
A Detroit dog bite injury attorney is going to make sure that all evidence is gathered in order to prove liability for your case. An attorney will understand Michigan dog bite laws and will know how to handle negotiations with aggressive insurance carriers in these cases. Importantly, an attorney will ensure that their client is evaluated by trusted medical professionals and will properly calculate a victim’s total losses.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Detroit, call (517) 316-1195
Dog Bites Can Cause Severe Injuries
While not all dog bites lead to severe injuries, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that around 800,000 to 900,000 dog bite injury victims require medical assistance each year. Dogs have very powerful jaws that can inflict significant damage to the human body. At White Law PLLC, we regularly help clients who have sustained the following injuries in dog bite incidents:
- Significant soft tissue damage, including lacerations and puncture wounds
- Severed muscles, tendons, ligaments, veins, and arteries
- Amputations of the fingers
Dog bite injury victims can also incur significant scarring and disfigurement as a result of their injuries that can lead to a loss of mobility and a loss of personal enjoyment.
Michigan operates under a “strict liability” dog bite statute. This means that a dog owner can be held liable for damages inflicted by their pet’s bite regardless of whether or not the dog has ever shown aggression before or has a history of biting incidents.
Dog Bites Can Cause Severe Injuries – How Much Compensation Is Available?
Dog bite injury victims should be entitled to various types of compensation under the “strict liability” dog bite law in Michigan. Our team will work to secure the following through a homeowners insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit:
- All dog bite medical expenses
- Lost income if a victim cannot work
- Scarring and disfigurement damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent dog owner
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Detroit Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Will Help
Do not wait to seek legal assistance if you or a loved one had been injured in a dog bite incident. These cases can become complicated, but the Detroit personal injury lawyers at White Law PLLC is going to stand by your side. We will make sure that you are not taken advantage of by insurance carriers or a negligent dog owner.
When you need a Detroit dog bite injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.