Although interstates are safer than most roads due to a lack of stops and turns, accidents still happen on Michigan interstates like I-496 in Lansing. If you’ve been injured in an interstate accident, the first thing you need to do after receiving medical attention is get legal representation.
Our car accident lawyers in Michigan at White Law PLLC can help you fight for the compensation the negligent parties owe you. Our passionate team is ready to take on the liable parties and their insurance company.
Why You Need a Michigan Interstate Accident Attorney
Trying to handle your interstate accident alone can be frustrating, and you could even risk your compensation if you don’t hire the proper legal representation. Dangerous roads lead to complicated accident cases. Our Michigan interstate accident lawyers can help you do the following legal tasks:
Gather Evidence and Build Case
Having strong evidence in your personal injury case is one of the most important aspects of your case. We can help you gather evidence that shows the other parties’ negligence. We’ll help you gather evidence such as:
- Police reports
- Traffic cam footage
- Cell phone records
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Subject expert opinions
- Employment and wage records
After we gather the necessary evidence to prove the liable party’s negligence, we’ll use our cloud technology to store your information and evidence while building your case.
Negotiate With the Insurance Company
Even though we know what damages you are qualified for, the liable party’s insurance company is a necessary step to get the compensation you need. But dealing with the liable party’s insurance company isn’t easy, and our team can help.
We can stand up to the insurance adjusters and fight for your damages. One of the most common tactics is turning the blame back on you, even though you were the one who was injured. We’re ready to demonstrate with strong evidence that you qualify for the damages.
Represent You in Court
Unfortunately, negotiating a settlement for an interstate accident isn’t always successful. And when this happens, our team can file a lawsuit and take your case to court. We have over 20 years of combined experience advocating for our clients who have been wronged. We’ve recovered several successful settlements for our clients, such as:
- Settlement of $800 million for victims of Larry Nassar sexual abuse case
- Settlement of $1 million for a client who was hit by a police car
- A consent judgment of more than $140,000 for a client whom the defendant intentionally injured
Our team can help you with several other legal tasks. We offer a free case evaluation where we can examine your case to determine what damages you’re eligible for.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
Common Injuries in Michigan Interstate Accidents
Interstate accidents in Michigan, often occurring at high speeds, can lead to significant injuries due to the force and impact involved. The following are some common injuries you may sustain:
- Whiplash and neck injuries: The abrupt halt in a high-speed collision can forcefully jerk the head and neck, resulting in whiplash. This can lead to symptoms like neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and potentially more severe spinal injuries.
- Head and brain injuries: Accidents at high speeds can result in traumatic brain injuries (TBI) such as concussions, contusions, or more severe brain injuries. Without proper treatment, these injuries can significantly impact your ability to return to your pre-accident life.
- Spinal cord injuries: The impact of an interstate accident can harm the spinal cord, leading to partial or complete paralysis. Spinal cord injuries often cause significant physical limitations, loss of sensation, and permanent disabilities.
- Fractures and broken bones: The force generated by high-speed collisions can cause fractures and breaks in various parts of the body, including the arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis. These injuries typically require immediate medical attention, surgeries, and lengthy recovery periods.
- Internal injuries and organ damage: The sudden impact of an interstate accident can result in internal injuries such as organ damage, internal bleeding, or punctured organs. While these injuries may not be immediately apparent, they can pose life-threatening risks if left untreated.
We’re not just lawyers. We’re passionate advocates who will ensure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
Damages You Can Suffer in an Interstate Accident in Michigan
Getting into an interstate crash can leave you with severe injuries along with financial and non-financial losses. We understand how stressful this can be, but we’re here to help you recover your losses. Our Michigan interstate accident attorney can help you recover damages such as:
- Loss of companionship
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of consortium
- Physical therapy
- Loss of earning capacity
- Transportation costs
By recovering these damages, you can rebuild your life and return to your normal routine. Remember that you might be eligible for additional damages based on the severity of your injuries.
We understand that you may be going through a difficult situation and we are ready to help however we can.
How to Choose the Right Interstate Accident Attorney
There are a lot of personal injury lawyers to choose from, and knowing which is right can be difficult. One of the most important things in a lawyer is their experience level. You’ll want to choose a lawyer who has experience and has won cases that are similar to yours.
This ensures that you have someone familiar with the process of your type of case. Another thing you should consider when choosing a lawyer is their passion.
This is a trait that many people overlook, and it could result in them losing out on their compensation. When you work with a law firm passionate about justice, like White Law PLLC, you have a higher chance of winning your case.
Passion will drive your legal team to do everything they can to help you. The final thing you should look for in a lawyer is someone who makes you feel comfortable. A car accident is a personal subject that you have to share your emotions and experiences with, and you want to make sure that you feel at ease.
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Evaluation After Your Interstate Accident
At White Law PLLC, our team of Michigan interstate accident attorneys is ready to take on your case and get you the compensation you qualify for. Contact us today for a free consultation.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.