The last thing any driver needs to worry about is being involved in an accident with a large commercial truck. However, commercial trucking activity represents a significant portion of Detroit’s economy, and accidents with these vehicles occur regularly.
At White Law PLLC, we are here to help when you need a Detroit truck accident attorney. We know that these accidents can lead to significant injuries and disabilities for victims, so let us get to work securing the compensation you and your family need.
Why Choose White Law PLLC To Help With Your Detroit Truck Accident Case?
After sustaining a truck accident injury, you need a personal injury attorney by your side that is not afraid to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers. White Law PLLC is here to help.
- We bring more than six decades of combined legal experience to every accident case, and we have successfully resolved thousands of similar claims on behalf of clients.
- We never back down from a challenge, and we will never settle for less than what your case is worth.
- We take all Detroit truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that our clients do not pay any legal fees until we secure the compensation they need.
You can learn more about our available services during an initial consultation. Once you have a trucking accident case appointment on our books, we can determine whether or not our personal injury attorneys are a good fit for your case.
Detroit Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
Why Do You Need A Detroit Truck Accident Attorney For This Case?
To assist in a Detroit truck accident case, you should secure an attorney who has the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into the claim. This will include working to uncover any instances of negligence or wrongdoing on the part of the truck driver or trucking company, including the following:
- Evidence of a truck driver operating under the influence of alcohol
- Evidence showing that the driver was distracted by a cell phone or another device
- Evidence that a driver was speeding or failed to follow traffic laws
- An attorney will also work to uncover any proof that a truck owner or operator:
- Failed to ensure the truck driver followed state and federal regulations
- Failed to properly inspect and maintain the vehicle
- Encouraged the overloading of a truck beyond its weight capacity
In other words, our truck accident lawyers in Detroit can guide you through the legal elements of your recovery while ensuring the case you build has strong foundations.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Detroit, call (517) 316-1195
How Do Truck Accidents Occur In Detroit?
When we turn to the Michigan Traffic Reporting System, we can see that there were more than 6,000 total crashes involving heavy trucks across the state during the latest year of data. Out of these incidents, there were more than 60 fatal crashes and more than 1,200 injury crashes.
The reality is that large commercial trucks can inflict significant damage and cause serious injuries in an accident. As such, negligence from liable parties in truck accident cases can result from:
- Driver fatigue
- Poorly-monitored blind spots
- Poorly manufactured vehicles
- Failure to renew appropriate licensure
- Inexperienced truck drivers behind the wheel
- Distraction at the wheel
That said, truck drivers aren’t the only parties that you can accuse of being at fault for your losses. Other parties can play a role in the losses you endure on the road. It’s the job of a Detroit, MI, truck accident lawyer to help you assign fault accordingly.
Who Can You Hold Liable for Truck Accidents in Detroit?
Naming at-fault parties in the wake of a truck accident in Detroit can be a tricky process. It’s easy to try and blame your auto accident on the negligence of a truck driver on the scene. In reality, however, that truck driver may be represented by a company that has the right to take their place in court.
Who you name liable for your truck crash losses depends on the role an at-fault truck driver took at the time an accident occurred. On-duty, full-time employees tend to benefit from corporate protection. Comparatively, independent truck drivers often find themselves representing themselves in court.
Alternatively, there may be other parties at fault for your losses. These parties can include government officials, construction crews, and other motorists. Michigan’s comparative negligence policy may even see you hold multiple parties responsible for your losses. You can work with our legal team to assign fault in your truck accident injury claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How to Hold Negligent Parties Liable for Truck Accident Losses?
When it comes time for you to press a truck accident lawsuit against another party, you need to know both who you want to hold liable for your losses and what evidence of negligence you have. This way, you can more effectively demand fair compensation from the responsible parties.
Civil courts throughout Detroit are more likely to move your case forward if you have the means to back up your assertions of fault. With that in mind, you can work with an experienced truck accident lawyer to bring together truck crash data, including:
- Black box recordings
- Video or photo footage from dashcams, street lights, and/or storefronts
- Bystander testimonies
- Expert witness testimonies
- Accident creations
- Statements from your insurance provider
- Police reports
- Related semi-truck accident medical bills
When it comes to securing the financial compensation you deserve for your losses at the hands of the trucking industry, you can rely on our legal representation to build you a tight case. Your trucking accident claim can benefit from the backing of reasonably-collected, well-analyzed evidence when you move to present it to an attending judge.
What Can the Consequences of a Truck Accident in Detroit Be?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a tractor-trailer can reach 75 feet in length and weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when fully loaded. At White Law PLLC, our truck accident lawyers in Detroit regularly help clients who have sustained the following injuries:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Traumatic brain injuries or open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Crush injuries or amputations
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
What Compensation Is Available For Detroit Truck Accident Claims?
Victims of truck accidents in and around Detroit may be entitled to various types of compensation. While no two cases are the same, the team at White Law PLLC is regularly able to secure the following for truck accident victims:
- Coverage of all medical care related to the crash
- Wage loss in cases of short- or long-term disability
- Property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder related to the truck accident
- Wrongful death coverage and related funeral expenses
- Possible punitive damages against a truck driver or truck company
Our law firm can discuss the economic value of your commercial truck accident claim during an initial case consultation. Moreover, we can ensure that insurance adjusters and other insurance company representatives don’t attempt to undervalue your case in negotiations or a traditional trial setting.
Let Our Detroit Truck Accident Attorneys Help You
Do not hesitate to seek legal assistance if you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company. At White Law PLLC, our qualified and experienced Detroit personal injury lawyers have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your case to obtain maximum compensation.
When you need a Detroit truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by reaching out online or calling our team.