Nobody should ever have to worry about losing a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, company, or entity. At White Law PLLC, we are here to help if you need a Detroit wrongful death attorney. Our compassionate team understands that this is a difficult time for your family, so let us investigate your case and work to secure the closure and compensation you need.
Choose White Law PLLC For Your Case
When your family is grieving, you need assistance from a compassionate attorney with vast experience handling these cases. White Law PLLC is going to stay by your side.
- We believe in building strong cases on behalf of our clients, and we treat every matter as if it is going to go to trial.
- We have more than 60 years of combined legal experience handling wrongful death cases throughout Michigan, so we understand what it takes to be successful in these matters.
- We are going to handle your Detroit wrongful death case on a contingency fee basis, which means you will owe no legal fees until we secure the compensation that you are entitled to.
Detroit Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
How Will An Attorney Help This Case?
Wrongful death cases in Detroit can become immensely complicated, but a skilled attorney is going to have the resources necessary to:
- Obtain all evidence needed to prove liability
- Work with expert witnesses to testify in court
- Properly calculate a family’s total losses
- Handle all negotiations and trial preparations
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Detroit, call (517) 316-1195
Understanding Detroit Wrongful Death Cases
Wrongful death cases arise in various ways throughout Detroit. At White Law PLLC, our attorneys regularly help family members who have lost loved ones due to the negligent actions of others in the following instances:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus or transit accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Defective products
- Property owner negligence
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Workplace or construction accidents
- Police misconduct
Under Michigan Compiled Laws section 600.2922, we can see that it is the responsibility of the personal representative of the deceased’s estate to file a wrongful death claim. The law specifies that the following family members will be able to recover damages (in descending order of priority):
- The deceased’s spouse or child
- The deceased’s parents or grandparents
- The deceased’s siblings
- Children of the deceased’s spouse
- Any other parties that were left property in the deceased’s will
How Much Compensation Is Available?
Family members of those who have lost their lives due to the negligence of another person may be entitled to various types of compensation. There is no set amount of money awarded in wrongful death claims in Detroit, but the team at White Law PLLC is regularly able to help families recover the following:
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and other intangible benefits that family members enjoyed in their relationship with the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages endured by family members of the deceased
- Compensation for lost wages and benefits the deceased would have provided over the course of their lifetime
- Cost of any pre-death medical expenses or pain and suffering damages on behalf of the deceased
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let A Detroit Wrongful Death Lawyer Help
Do not hesitate to seek legal assistance after losing a loved one due to the negligence of another person or entity. At White Law PLLC, our compassionate team is going to conduct a full investigation into your claim and stand by your side to ensure you receive the closure and compensation you deserve.
When you need a Detroit wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.