When you are operating your vehicle around large commercial trucks on the roadways, the last thing you may expect is that a serious accident will occur. However, there are times when the negligent actions of truck drivers or trucking companies cause severe accidents and injuries. At White Law PLLC, we are here to help when you need an East Lansing truck accident attorney. Our team has extensive experience standing up to negligent truck companies and aggressive insurance carriers in these situations in order to secure the compensation our clients need.
Why Choose White Law PLLC For Your Truck Accident Case?
Truck accident victims often face an uphill battle when working to secure compensation, but the team at White Law PLLC is going to level the playing field for your case.
- We have more than 60 years of combined legal experience helping truck accident victims throughout Michigan.
- We have successfully resolved thousands of cases on behalf of our clients and have an extensive track record of handling high-profile cases.
- We get to know every client so we can build a strong case on their behalf, and we have no problem going all the way to trial if necessary.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
What Will An Attorney Do For Truck Accident Claims in East Lansing?
An East Lansing truck accident attorney provides invaluable assistance to victims in these cases. The truck accident case can become incredibly complicated and will require extensive investigation. An attorney will:
- Obtain all evidence needed to prove liability (video or photo surveillance, statements from eyewitnesses, accident reports, truck driver or truck company records/logs, etc.).
- Work with trusted medical professionals to ensure their client is evaluated properly and to help calculate total costs.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain a fair settlement on behalf of the client.
We’re not just lawyers. We’re passionate advocates who will ensure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
What Causes Truck Accidents To Occur?
Unfortunately, truck accidents are often caused by the careless or negligent actions of truck drivers or trucking companies. Both state and federal regulators have stringent guidelines for all commercial vehicle operators to follow, including regulations set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Accidents can occur when truck drivers:
- Operate while distracted by phones or other devices inside the vehicle
- Operate while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Fail to follow hours of service guidelines, leading to fatigued driving
- Operate too fast for conditions
- Fail to follow traffic laws
- Overload the truck beyond its capacity or what is allowed by state or federal law
Truck owners or operator negligence can also lead to significant accidents. It is up to truck company owners to ensure that their drivers are fully qualified and trained. Truck owners must mandate that all drivers follow state and FMCSA regulations, and truck owners must regularly inspect and maintain their vehicles to ensure adequate roadway safety. One of the most common causes of truck accidents on roadways throughout Michigan includes vehicle failure (i.e. tire blowouts, brake failure, steering or suspension failure, etc.).
We understand that you may be going through a difficult situation and we are ready to help however we can.
How Often Do Truck Accidents Occur In Our Area?
Data from the Michigan Traffic Reporting System shows us that there were over 6,000 total crashes involving heavy commercial trucks throughout Michigan during the latest reporting year. These incidents led to more than 60 fatal crashes and over 1,200 injury crashes.
Data from the FMCSA shows that a fully loaded semi-truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and reach lengths of 75 feet. Trucks of this size and weight can inflict significant injuries on victims inside traditional passenger cars. At White Law PLLC, our attorneys regularly help clients who have sustained the following injuries in these cases:
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Other neck or back injuries
- Open head wounds
- Amputations or crush injuries
Unfortunately, due to the nature of these incidents, East Lansing truck accident victims often suffer from significant emotional and psychological trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
What Is The Time Limit To File A Truck Accident Case?
Each state is responsible for setting a time limit for how long victims in these cases have to file claims against negligent parties in civil court. The Michigan personal injury statute of limitations is three years from the date an injury occurs. This gives East Lansing truck accident victims three years from the date of the accident to file a claim against an alleged negligent party. Failing to do so in time will result in a victim unable to recover any compensation For their claim.
How Much Compensation Is Available For East Lansing Truck Accidents?
There is no set amount of compensation awarded in these cases, but the East Lansing truck accident lawyers at White Law PLLC have extensive experience helping clients recover the following:
- All truck crash-related medical expenses
- Any additional out-of-pocket expenses caused by the crash
- Lost wages if a victim is unable to work while they recover
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent truck driver or truck company
How Much Does A Truck Accident Lawyer Cost?
At White Law PLLC, we recognize that victims of truck accidents in East Lansing may be placed into precarious financial situations due to the accident. That is why we take East Lansing truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for their case, and they will owe us no legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
An East Lansing Truck Accident Attorney Is Ready To Help
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident caused by a negligent truck driver trucking company in East Lansing, let the team at White Law PLLC get to work on your case immediately. We have the resources and legal experience necessary to handle every aspect of these often-complicated crash cases.
When you need an East Lansing truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.