You should never have to worry about whether or not your loved one will suffer from abuse while residing in a nursing home. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse is not uncommon in East Lansing or throughout Michigan. At White Law PLLC, we have extensive experience handling these cases and are here to help when you need an East Lansing nursing home abuse attorney. Let us fully investigate your claim so we can secure the compensation and closure your loved one deserves.
Why Choose White Law PLLC To Stand By Your Side In Nursing Home Abuse Claims in East Lansing?
After discovering that your loved one has been abused in a nursing home, you need a compassionate team that wants to seek justice. White Law PLLC is here to help you today.
- With more than 60 years of combined legal experience helping clients throughout Michigan, we have the experience necessary to obtain compensation and closure for nursing home abuse victims.
- We take the time to get to know every client and their family members so we can tailor our solutions to meet their goals and needs.
- We take all East Lansing nursing home abuse cases on a contingency fee basis. This means our clients will pay no legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
East Lansing Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
What Does An East Lansing Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Do?
Because signs and symptoms of nursing home abuse often mimic other injuries and illnesses that the elderly and vulnerable populations are susceptible to, proving these cases can be difficult. An East Lansing nursing home abuse attorney will have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into your case.
An attorney will work to obtain any available video or photo surveillance, gather nursing home personnel records, analyze accident reports, and work with trusted medical professionals to prove any allegations of abuse.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving East Lansing, call (517) 316-1195
There Are Various Types Of Nursing Home Abuse
Unfortunately, there are no widespread studies on how often nursing home abuse occurs across the country. We do know that the National Council on Aging (NCA) says that one out of every ten people over the age of 60 will experience some form of elder abuse each year in the United States. There are various types of abuse that can occur in a nursing home setting. This includes:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional and psychological abuse
- Financial abuse
- Neglect of basic necessities
Unfortunately, perpetrators in these cases are often nursing home staff members or volunteers. This type of abuse is more likely to occur when nursing homes are short-staffed, fail to follow proper hiring practices, fail to properly train employees, or lack proper oversight protocols.
How Much Compensation Is Available For This Nursing Home Abuse Claims in East Lansing?
There may be various types of compensation available to victims of nursing home abuse. Depending on the type of abuse that has occurred, the team at White Law PLLC will work to secure the following:
- Any medical expenses incurred by the victim
- Coverage of the cost to stay at a nursing home
- Relocation expenses to a new facility
- Compensation for any financial loss due to fraud
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the alleged negligent party
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our East Lansing Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Are Here To Help
If your loved one has been abused in a nursing home in or around East Lansing, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At White Law PLLC, we pledge to conduct a full investigation into your case so we can secure the compensation your loved one is entitled to. We are the best personal injury attorneys in East Lansing.
When you need an East Lansing nursing home abuse attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.