If you are searching for information today because you have lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of somebody else, we understand that you are going through a difficult time. At White Law PLLC, our East Lansing wrongful death attorneys have extensive experience handling these cases, and we are ready to help you. Let our compassionate and experienced team conduct a thorough investigation into your case so we can work on securing the closure and compensation you deserve.
Why Choose White Law PLLC To Help With East Lansing Wrongful Death Claim?
After losing a loved one due to the negligence of another person, you need a compassionate team with extensive experience handling these cases. White Law PLLC will stand by your family’s side.
- With more than six decades of combined legal experience, our East Lansing wrongful death team has a thorough understanding of how to win these cases.
- We take the time to get to know every client in these cases so that we can tailor a solution moving forward that best meets their needs.
- We take all East Lansing wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that we will not collect any legal fees until after we secure the compensation our clients deserve.
East Lansing Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
Why Do You Need An Attorney For Wrongful Deaths in East Lansing?
Wrongful death cases in East Lansing can become immensely complicated, and an attorney will have the resources to conduct a full investigation into the cause of death. A wrongful death lawyer in East Lansing will properly calculate a family’s total losses and handle negotiations with other parties to secure full compensation for these claims.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving East Lansing, call (517) 316-1195
How Do Wrongful Death Cases In East Lansing Occur?
Wrongful death cases arise in various ways in and around the East Lansing area. Under Michigan Compiled Laws section 600.2922, the law says that a wrongful death case can arise anytime a death is “caused by the wrongful act, neglect, or fault of another.” At White Law PLLC, our qualified team regularly helps clients who have lost loved ones due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Brain injuries
- Defective products
- Property owner negligence
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Workplace accidents
- Police misconduct
Under Michigan law, the personal representative of the deceased’s estate is responsible for filing a wrongful death claim. State law specifies that the following family members are able to recover damages in these cases:
- Spouse or child of the deceased
- Parents or grandparents of the deceased
- Siblings of the deceased
- Children of the deceased’s spouse (step-children)
- Any other person who was left property in the deceased’s will
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available For These Claims?
There may be various types of compensation available to family members who have lost loved ones due to the actions of another person. At White Law PLLC, our wrongful death attorneys in East Lansing are regularly able to help clients recover the following:
- Compensation for any income lost that the deceased would have provided throughout their lifetime
- Costs of any pre-death medical expenses
- Pain and suffering damages the deceased may have endured before death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and other intangible benefits that family members enjoyed in their relationship with the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages endured by family members
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent parties involved
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let An East Lansing Wrongful Death Lawyer Help You Today
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent or careless actions of somebody else, let the team at White Law PLLC help you today. We have extensive experience handling these cases, and we are not afraid to take on aggressive insurance carriers, legal teams, or at-fault parties.
When you need an East Lansing wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.
Call or text (517) 316-1195 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form