Clergy members are supposed to be trusted individuals in the community, which is why sexual abuse committed by the clergy is so abhorrent. At White Law PLLC, our compassionate and experienced team understands that sexual abuse victims deserve compensation and closure for what happened to them. We are here to help when you need a Michigan clergy sexual abuse attorney. We will conduct a full investigation into your case in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Is White Law PLLC Your Choice For This Case?
After experiencing something as traumatic as sexual abuse, turn to a compassionate attorney who believes in securing justice for clients. White Law PLLC will stand by your side.
- Our firm is nationally recognized for our work helping sexual abuse survivors, and we have more than six decades of combined legal experience handling these sensitive matters.
- You will work directly with your attorney throughout the entirety of your case. We get to know you personally so we can tailor our case strategy to meet your needs.
- We take Michigan clergy sexual abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you will pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation and justice you deserve.
How Will An Attorney Benefit A Sexual Abuse Case?
It can be incredibly difficult for survivors of clergy sexual abuse to come forward, particularly if the abuse took place when a person was a minor. Victims may be reluctant to come forward or fear that they will not be believed.
A Michigan clergy sexual abuse attorney is going to stand by your side throughout this entire process. They will understand the laws related to these civil claims and work to ensure you are cared for by trusted medical and healthcare professionals.
Clergy Sexual Abuse In Michigan
Over the last few decades, it has become apparent that clergy of various denominations and faiths have been the perpetrators of sexual abuse. In most cases, clergy sexual abuse cases revolve around acts committed on children under the age of 18.
In June 2018, the Public Acts 180 and 181 were passed by the Michigan legislature. These laws extended the amount of time that individuals who were sexually abused before they turned 18 have to file civil and criminal charges against their abusers. The time limit was extended from 10 years to 15 years, or before the victim turns 28, whichever date comes first.
We Want To Help Victims Secure Compensation
The effects of sexual assault and abuse by clergy members can be far-reaching, encompassing all aspects of a person’s life. At White Law PLLC, our goal is to secure justice and compensation for sexual abuse victims. This can include:
- Compensation for a victim’s pain and suffering
- Coverage of any counseling that is necessary
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against so do members responsible or anyone who covered up abuse allegations
Contact A Michigan Clergy Sexual Abuse Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has been the victim a sexual abuse perpetrated by a member of the clergy, seek legal assistance from White Law PLLC today. We are going to conduct a full investigation into your claim in order to secure the compensation and closure you deserve.
When you need a Michigan clergy sexual abuse attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195. Our nationally recognized sexual abuse team is not going to rest until we ensure you will be okay.