If you or somebody you care about is facing a weapons charge in East Lansing or the surrounding areas, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance to help with your case. At White Law PLLC, our East Lansing weapons charges attorneys understand the seriousness of these matters, and we are going to get to work formulating the best defense possible for your situation. Let us conduct an objective investigation into your case so we can defend you properly in the courtroom.
Choose White Law PLLC For East Lansing Weapons Charges
When facing a serious weapons charge, you need to turn to an attorney who has handled these matters inside the courtroom before. White Law PLLC is ready to get to work on your behalf.
- Our team is going to bring more than 60 years of combined legal experience to your side for this case.
- We offer free case evaluations for every client so that we can review every option available for your situation.
- We have a proven track record of success, and we make sure our clients are our number one priority.
East Lansing Weapons Charges Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
What Will An Attorney Do To Help with Weapons Charges in East Lansing?
Facing a weapons charge can be incredibly scary, but a criminal defense attorney is going to have your back. A skilled East Lansing weapons charge defense attorney will:
- Conduct a complete investigation into the incident
- Work with prosecutors to determine whether a plea deal is available or to get the charges dropped
- Thoroughly prepare your case for trial if necessary
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving East Lansing, call (517) 316-1195
Weapons Charges In East Lansing Are Taken Seriously
While the US Constitution may grant the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment, you need to be aware that every state can put limitations on those rights. Michigan, like every other state in the country, has various statutes that regulate firearm usage. This includes regulating the possession of a firearm as well as the manufacturing and sale of firearms.
Michigan gun laws can be complicated to understand, but a person can face serious consequences for some of these common weapons charges in the East Lansing area:
- Carrying a concealed weapon. To carry a concealed weapon in Michigan, a person must have the required concealed handgun permit. Concealing a handgun on your person or in your vehicle without the proper permit is unlawful.
- Felons in possession of a firearm. Any person who has been convicted of a felony will generally lose their right to bear arms unless they have met the conditions to have their firearms rights restored.
- Illegal possession of a firearm. Michigan law makes it a felony to possess certain types of firearms, firearm modifications, or types of ammunition.
A firearms charge in Michigan is generally a felony offense that is punishable by time in prison, significant fines, a loss of firearms rights, and a permanent mark on a person’s criminal record.
Our East Lansing Weapons Charges Lawyers Can Help
If you or somebody you love is under investigation for or has been charged with a weapons crime in East Lansing, you need to speak to an attorney immediately. At White Law PLLC, our skilled and experienced lawyers have a thorough understanding of these charges and how to formulate a proper defense for your case. Let us conduct an independent investigation into your case so we can ensure your rights are upheld in the courtroom.
When you need an East Lansing weapons charges attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.