Your loved ones should be safe when they reside in a nursing home. You should never have to worry about negligent nursing home employees causing harm to somebody you care about. An experienced nursing home abuse lawyer in Lansing will help protect your loved ones.
At White Law PLLC, we are here to help when you need a compassionate Lansing personal injury lawyer. If you discover that your loved one has been abused or neglected, we will investigate the incident and work to secure any compensation you or your loved one are owed. Call us today for a free legal consultation.
Why Choose White Law PLLC for Help with Nursing Home Abuse Claims in Lansing?
If your loved one has been abused or neglected in a nursing home, you need help from a team that believes in securing justice for victims. White Law PLLC is here to help you and your loved one.
- Our team has more than six decades of experience helping injury victims in and around the Lansing area.
- We never back down from a challenge, and we have no problem going to trial if that is what it means to secure justice for your nursing home abuse case.
- Our team takes all Lansing nursing home abuse cases on a contingency fee basis. This means clients and their families pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they are entitled to.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
How Will an Attorney Help This Case with Nursing Home Abuse Cases in Lansing, MI?
A Lansing nursing home abuse attorney is going to have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into your claims. This could include obtaining documents and records from the nursing home and particular nursing home staff members. An attorney will also speak to eyewitnesses and enlist help from medical experts to identify signs of abuse or neglect.
We’re not just lawyers. We’re passionate advocates who will ensure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
The Various Types Of Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse is abhorrent. Unfortunately, there are a wide variety of abuses that occur regularly to the elderly in this country. Data from the National Council on Aging shows that approximately one out of every ten people over the age of 60 will experience some form of elder abuse each year. In the nursing home setting, this can include:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
- Emotional and psychological abuse
- Neglect of basic necessities
At White Law PLLC, we strongly encourage family members and friends who have loved ones in nursing homes to be aware of the various signs and symptoms that could indicate abuse is occurring. This can include any of the following:
- Unexplained cuts, cruises, or scrapes
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Sudden weight loss
- Signs of dehydration or hunger
- Bed sores at any development stage
- Frequent infections
Aside from physical signs that abuse may be occurring, you should also be aware of any sudden changes in behavior. This can include fear and apprehensiveness around nursing home staff or volunteers, new changes in mood, signs of depression, and more.
We know how to get our clients the results they need in the toughest legal arenas.
Compensation Available in These Cases
If your loved one has been abused in a nursing home, there may be various types of compensation available. At White Law PLLC, our attorneys have extensive experience recovering the following types of compensation in these situations:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the abuse or neglect
- Payment for relocation to a new facility if necessary
- Payment to cover the costs to stay in the nursing home
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment images
- Possible punitive damages against the nursing home
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
Let Our Lansing Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Help
If you have discovered that your loved one has been abused or neglected in a nursing home, contact the team at White Law PLLC today. We pledge to conduct a full investigation into your claims so we can secure the compensation loved one deserves.
When you need a Lansing nursing home abuse attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.