The city of Lansing and the surrounding areas, as well as Michigan as a whole, rely on the trucking industry. This area, in particular, is busy with commercial truck activity. With major highways such as I-69, I-96, and I-294, tens of thousands of trucks cross our roadways every day. Unfortunately, there may come a time when you need a Lansing truck accident attorney from White Law PLLC. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the actions of a truck driver or trucking company, we are here to help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose White Law PLLC For Your Truck Accident Case in Lansing?
After sustaining a devastating truck accident injury, you need an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases and standing up to insurance carriers. White Law PLLC is ready to help.
- We have more than 60 years of combined legal experience helping personal injury victims in Lansing and throughout Michigan.
- Our team has successfully resolved thousands of cases on behalf of clients, and we have experience handling many high profile cases.
- Our team believes in building strong cases for our clients, and we are ready to take every matter to trial if necessary to secure maximum compensation.
Lansing Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (517) 316-1195
What Will An Attorney Do To Help Your Case?
Unfortunately, truck accident cases in Lansing can become incredibly complicated. These lawsuits typically involve more resources and legal experience than crash injury victims have. However, a skilled truck accident attorney will be able to:
- Recover all evidence needed to prove liability, including accident reports, truck company records, truck driver records, video or photo surveillance, statements from eyewitnesses, and more.
- Ensure that their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who will properly care for them and help calculate their total losses.
- Handle all negotiations with aggressive insurance carriers and trucking companies to ensure their client receives fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Lansing, call (517) 316-1195
How Often Do Truck Accidents Occur In Lansing?
According to data available from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a fully loaded semi-truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and reach 75 feet in length. Vehicles of this size can inflict significant damage on traditional passenger cars on the roadway in the event a crash occurs.
When analyzing data available from the Michigan Traffic Reporting System, we can see that there were more than 6,000 total crashes involving heavy commercial trucks across the state during the latest reporting year. Out of these incidents, there were more than 1,200 injury crashes and more than 60 fatal crashes. At White Law PLLC, our Lansing truck accident lawyers regularly help victims who have sustained the following injuries in these incidents:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Crush injuries
- Severe lacerations and puncture wounds
- …and more
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
What Are The Main Causes Of Lansing Truck Accidents?
The truck accident lawyers at White Law PLLC understand that there are times when these accidents are just that – accidents. However, we also know that it is not uncommon for the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company to cause a crash on the roadway. Commercial truck drivers can cause an accident if they:
- Operate while distracted by phones or other devices
- Operate their vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Fail to follow traffic laws
- Operate too fast for conditions
- Do not abide by the hours of service (HOS) requirements from the FMCSA
Trucking companies and operators can also be liable for these incidents if they:
- Fail to regularly inspect and maintain the trucks, per FMCSA regulations
- Fail to ensure that all drivers are trained and follow regulations
- Encourage drivers to ignore HOS or weight requirements
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available For A Truck Accident Case?
In the aftermath of the truck accident that causes injuries, there may be various types of compensation available to the victims in these cases. At White Law PLLC, our truck accident lawyers in Lansing work diligently to obtain the following on behalf of our clients:
- All truck accident-related medical bills
- Any out-of-pocket household expenses
- Lost income if a victim is unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Damages for scarring and disfigurement
- Possible punitive damages against the truck driver or trucking company
Trucking companies and operators are required to carry insurance policies that provide coverage above and beyond what a traditional vehicle insurance policy requires. However, that does not mean that the insurance carrier is going to hand over a settlement without putting up a fight. In some cases, it may be necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit if the insurance carrier refuses to offer a fair settlement or denies a claim.
How Long Do You Have To File A Claim for a Truck Accident in Lansing?
Every state is responsible for setting time limits on how long victims have to file civil lawsuits against negligent parties. In Michigan, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is three years from the date the injury occurs. This means that truck accident victims in Michigan have a three-year window with which to file a claim against the alleged negligent party, or they risk losing the ability to recover any compensation for their losses.
How Much Does A Lansing Truck Accident Attorney Cost?
At White Law PLLC, we recognize that truck accident victims may be placed into difficult financial situations due to the accident and subsequent injuries. That is why we take all Lansing truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients owe no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their case. We will only collect legal fees after we secure the compensation that our clients deserve through a favorable settlement or verdict.
Let A Lansing Truck Accident Attorney Help You Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a truck accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or the trucking company, contact an attorney as soon as possible. At White Law PLLC, our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys are ready to conduct a complete investigation into your case and secure the compensation you and your family need.
When you need a Lansing truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (517) 316-1195.
Call or text (517) 316-1195 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form