Insurance fraud is a serious crime, and if convicted, you could face excessive fines, jail time, and a criminal record that could impact your future opportunities. With so much at stake, it’s crucial for those accused of this crime to consult with an experienced attorney.
When you’re facing criminal charges in the Detroit area, White Law PLLC is here to help. Our team of insurance fraud lawyers in Detroit can help you protect your rights, craft a strong defense, and achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact us today to get started with a free case evaluation.
Ways a Detroit Insurance Fraud Lawyer Could Help Your Case
Insurance fraud can have significant legal consequences. If you face insurance fraud charges in Wayne County, seeking guidance from a Detroit white-collar crimes lawyer with experience handling insurance fraud allegations is crucial.
By allowing a member of our team to represent you, you can benefit from the following:
- Comprehensive legal representation: Our Detroit insurance fraud attorneys will assess the details of your case and develop a defense strategy based on your circumstances. We will analyze the evidence, identify weaknesses in the prosecution’s case, and build a defense on your behalf.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance fraud laws: With our deep understanding of the relevant Michigan statutes, rules, and regulations, we can effectively challenge the prosecution’s arguments and seek the best possible outcome for your case. Our attorneys will guide you through the complexities of insurance laws and help you make informed decisions.
- Strong negotiation skills: Our attorneys know how to negotiate with the prosecution to reduce the charges or penalties. We will diligently advocate for your rights and work toward the most favorable resolution possible. Our goal is to protect your reputation, minimize the impact on your life, and help you move past this.
- Experienced trial advocacy: While we always strive to reach favorable outcomes through alternative resolution methods, our experienced trial attorneys are prepared to defend your rights in court if necessary. We will meticulously prepare your case, present compelling arguments, and challenge the prosecution’s evidence to maintain your innocence.
At White Law PLLC, we understand the gravity of this situation and the potential consequences you face. Our criminal defense team is here to provide support, guidance, and advocacy during this uncertain time. Remember that an arrest does not equal a conviction, and we will work toward getting the charges dropped or the penalties reduced.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
Misstating Material Facts on an Insurance Application
One common form of insurance fraud involves misstating material facts on an insurance application. When applying for insurance coverage, individuals must provide accurate and complete information about their personal details, property, or other relevant factors.
Misstating the facts on an insurance application could involve:
- Inflating the value of a property.
- Bending the truth about past medical history.
- Omitting important details to lower premiums or increase coverage.
The above deceptions aim to obtain coverage or lower premiums for which the insured would not otherwise be eligible. These fraudulent practices can have serious consequences, as they undermine the insurance system and lead to financial losses for insurance companies and policyholders.
Insurance fraud occurs any time someone knowingly misrepresents information on an insurance policy to obtain benefits. Even though this may seem like a minor offense, the consequences of a conviction can be severe.
We’re not just lawyers. We’re passionate advocates who will ensure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
Other Common Types of Insurance Fraud
Insurance fraud encompasses all deceptive practices aimed at defrauding an insurance company or policyholder for personal gain.
Here are some prevalent forms of insurance fraud:
- Staged accidents: This type of insurance fraud involves deliberately causing or participating in a fake accident to file claims for injuries or vehicle damages.
- Exaggerated injuries: Inflating the extent of injuries sustained in a real accident is another form of insurance fraud. Fraudsters may exaggerate their medical conditions or symptoms to obtain higher compensation from the insurance company.
- False or inflated property claims: Submitting claims for property damage, theft, or loss that did not occur, or inflating the value of the items, is a common form of insurance fraud. Individuals may intentionally damage their own property or falsely report stolen items to collect insurance proceeds.
- Arson and property fires: This type of insurance fraud entails intentionally setting fire to a property to collect insurance proceeds. Fraudsters may attempt to make the fire appear accidental or stage a break-in to avoid getting caught.
- Medical billing fraud: This kind of fraud involves various illegal practices in healthcare billing. This can include billing for treatments not provided, double-billing for the same service, or billing for unnecessary procedures.
We know how to get our clients the results they need in the toughest legal arenas.
Insurance Fraud Penalties in Michigan
Insurance fraud is a serious crime in the state of Michigan, and if you are found guilty, you could face harsh penalties. The severity of the penalties depends on the nature and extent of the fraud committed.
According to Michigan Compiled Laws § 750.218a, a person involved in a conspiracy to commit insurance fraud may face imprisonment for ten years (or more if convicted of a felony). Fraudsters can also face thousands of dollars in fines or restitution, depending on the amount they defrauded the insurer for.
In light of these harsh penalties, those accused of fraud should seek legal advice from a qualified insurance fraud lawyer in Detroit. An experienced attorney can help protect your rights and ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
Contact White Law PLLC for a Free Consultation
Take control of your insurance fraud case by reaching out to the experienced team at White Law PLLC. We offer a free consultation where we can discuss the details of your situation and provide you with a clear understanding of your legal options.
Don’t wait another moment to secure the legal representation you need. Let our dedicated insurance fraud attorneys in Detroit fight for your rights and preserve your freedom. Contact us today and take the first step toward building a strong defense and protecting your future.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.