Dealing with a neck injury is a challenging experience, made worse by having to battle insurance companies that try to avoid accountability. The Lansing catastrophic injury attorneys of White Law PLLC Lansing understand how debilitating and frustrating these injuries can be.
Whether due to a car accident, slip and fall, or workplace accident, our firm is dedicated to maximizing the compensation you recover for your suffering and losses. When adjusters seem more interested in denial than determining fair resolutions, neck and back injuries require an aggressive advocate who is unafraid to challenge insurers’ tactics.
Our Lansing catastrophic injury attorneys are ready to discuss the circumstances, evaluate potential claims, and develop a strategy to help you attain the care and compensation you need.
Neck Injuries Are Commonly Caused by Accidents and Negligence
Here are some common types of accidents that can result in neck injuries:
- Car accidents: Whiplash from the sudden back-and-forth motion of a collision is a prevalent neck injury in car wrecks, especially rear-end and side-impact crashes. High-impact collisions can also lead to spinal trauma and paralysis. A car accident lawyer in Lansing can help you recover.
- Work injuries: Slip and falls, crush injuries, or falling from heights are frequent causes. Construction, manufacturing, and labor jobs pose higher risks.
- Sports accidents: Tackles and collisions in contact sports like football, soccer and hockey often cause strained or herniated discs in the neck.
- Slip and fall incidents: Taking a tumble on a wet floor, uneven pavement, or other hazardous surfaces where people catch themselves with their hands can wrench the neck. A neck injury lawyer in Lansing, MI, can help you file a premises liability claim if the owner of the property was negligent in their duties to maintain safety.
- Motorcycle crashes: Neck injuries are more common than in car accidents because of the lack of a buffering vehicle and the high speeds involved.
Prompt medical care is important for any suspected neck injury to address issues before they become chronic or severely limit function. A Lansing catastrophic injury attorney experienced in neck injury claims can help to ensure you get the care you need and fight to recover compensation for your medical expenses and losses.
Your Fight Is Our Fight
Types of Neck Injuries We Commonly Claim
Here are some of the most common injuries to the neck that can occur in accidents
- Disc injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facet joint injuries
Proper treatment is needed depending on injury severity to relieve neck pain and prevent long-term complications.
We’re not just lawyers. We’re passionate advocates who will ensure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
The Insurance Company Is Not on Your Side
Here are some common tactics insurance adjusters may use to deny or downplay injury claims:
- Challenging liability: They’ll question who was at fault for the accident to avoid accepting responsibility.
- Downplaying injuries: Insurers often argue that reported injuries like whiplash or concussions seem minor based on the collision details to minimize payouts.
- Blaming pre-existing conditions: Your adjuster will claim the injuries could be from old issues and not entirely from the accident.
- Lowball settlement offers: The insurance company makes early “take it or leave it” settlement offers for far less than needed to cover injuries.
- Stalling deadlines: They’ll delay responding to files and requests and ultimately push off resolution deadlines.
- Refusing to return phone calls: Insurance providers can be unresponsive or dismissive in an attempt to delay the process and force the claimant to accept a settlement out of desperation.
An experienced Lansing personal injury lawyer is familiar with these stall tactics and can help navigate clients’ claims and fight unreasonable denials.
When you work with a Lansing neck injury lawyer from our firm, the insurance company knows you mean business and will not hesitate to take legal action.
We understand that you may be going through a difficult situation and we are ready to help however we can.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me With My Claim?
A Lansing personal injury attorney can help you maximize the compensation you receive in your neck injury claim. We handle all aspects of the case on your behalf. An attorney with our firm will:
- Thoroughly document and investigate the accident to firmly establish liability.
- Obtain detailed medical records and reports from treating doctors to substantiate injuries and their causal link to the accident.
- Hire experts like accident reconstructionists or medical professionals to support claims if needed.
- Request independent medical examinations if the insurance company disputes treatment is needed.
- Aggressively respond to low settlement offers with evidence-backed demands showing full value for injuries.
- Petition the court if deadlines aren’t being met or the insurer refuses to negotiate in good faith.
- File lawsuits when necessary to put pressure on insurance companies to take claims seriously.
- Personally negotiate with adjusters to convey the strength of the evidence and advocate for the client.
With experience navigating these situations, attorneys can increase leverage to steer your claim toward a fair resolution.
You will always work directly with your attorney throughout your case.
Contact a Personal Injury Law Firm In Lansing About Your Neck Injury Today
Neck injuries can cause significant pain and limited range of motion and result in expensive medical bills and lost wages. If your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should not be forced to pay. While we cannot take away the injury itself, we aim to ensure you achieve the maximum financial compensation and medical care needed for healing.
The attorneys of White Law PLLC know how to effectively counter adjusters’ denial tactics, whether through negotiation or litigation if needed. Please contact us to schedule a free consultation. We are here to answer your questions, evaluate the specifics of your case, and develop a strategy focused on obtaining the outcomes you deserve. You do not have to weather this storm alone.
We’re Experienced. We Care.
We Exceed Client Expectations.