White Law PLLC is set to offer its Paying It Forward – How My Degree Will Make a Difference Scholarship to students at the start of the 2023/2024 academic year. This scholarship highlights the opportunities students may have to one day repay the communities that helped them achieve their academic goals.
Specifically, White Law wants to use this scholarship to encourage students who might not otherwise pursue an academic degree to both chase their dreams and use their new skill sets to aid others in need. The firm is set to offer $2,500 in scholarship funds to students who submitted essays detailing their plans for the future to the appropriate parties.
Application Requirements – Who Is Eligible?
The Paying It Forward – How My Degree Will Make a Difference Scholarship is open to any undergraduate or graduate student who can meet the following criteria:
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher as backed by an unofficial transcript
- You are enrolled in or accepted at an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the United States
- You agree to the scholarship terms and conditions
- Submit the necessary application materials
- Apply using the form on this page
How Do I Apply?
Please review the eligibility requirements carefully and then craft an essay on the scholarship topic provided below.
Once your essay is complete:
- Fill out the application form on this page
- Upload a copy of your unofficial transcript
- Upload a copy of your scholarship essay
- Submit proof of enrollment/acceptance to an accredited college/ university/ graduate school (student ID; letter of acceptance; etc.)
Scholarship Essay Topic
Send us an essay of 500-1,000 words on what your ideal educational and/or professional journey would look like. What degree are you pursuing and why? What are you planning to do differently as a fresh graduate?
Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline to apply is June 15, 2023.
Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
After the deadline, all submissions will be reviewed by our scholarship selection committee. Depending on the number of applications we receive, the decision process can take anywhere from 1-3 months.
We regret that, for legal reasons, we are unable to accept calls, emails, or other communication regarding the scholarship or answer any questions other than those submitted here. All the necessary details about this scholarship can be found above. We will make sure to contact you in case we need any further information.
Any applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants for this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college, university, or graduate school
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the age of enrollment
- Applicant must have residency in the United States
- Applicant must be in good academic standing
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment
- Applicant must author an original essay on the scholarship essay topic provided
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of White Law PLLC
- Past recipients of the Paying It Forward – How My Degree Will Make a Difference Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of White Law PLLC if he/she were to be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
All applications must be received before the deadline supplied on the application page. Incomplete applications or those received after the submission deadline will not be considered.
A scholarship selection committee will evaluate applications. Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
Due to legal reasons and the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to answer any questions regarding your application status, nor will we be able to provide individual notification to non-winners.
The winners of the Paying It Forward – How My Degree Will Make a Difference Scholarship will be notified via email, and an announcement will be made on White Law PLLC’s blog, as well as via a press release.
The Scholarship award will be mailed directly to the student’s college or university. Instructions for mailing the check will be requested at the time of the award.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties.
We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the Scholarships, on White Law PLLC’s website, in marketing materials, or in social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.
2023 is the first year we are offering our Paying It Forward – How My Degree Will Make a Difference Scholarship, but future winners (maybe even you!) will be listed here. All winners will be interviewed for an announcement blog post and press release.